User Tag List

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardC View Post
    Did the Suburban fit the existing opening for the Furrion ok? I am planning the same upgrade.
    @HowardC -

In a thread this long, it can be difficult to determine who you are addressing. Here are a few tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    @HowardC -

In a thread this long, it can be difficult to determine who you are addressing. Here are a few tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

Rob
    Thank you! Probably why I'm not a regular poster...
    Howard & Lynne
    2022 Reflection 260RD
    2021 F250 CC SB 6.7 PS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustDucky View Post
    Attachment 41344Attachment 41345Attachment 41346Attachment 41347

There are many good ideas here on how to make the Furrion tankless HWH survive in temperatures below 39 degrees. But it seems that basically Grand Design has left it up to each customer to design, research and build their own fix for a problem that shouldn't be the owners responsibilty to fix. For those that may be interested, I've replaced the tankless with a 6gal Suburban HWH that heats water with either the electric heating element, propane or both. I feel that's what Grand Design should have installed in the first place. The 6 gal install was an easy replacement to make and the cost was less than $600.00 all in. Now I can sleep better on those cold nights and have the option to use the campground electric instead of my propane. The water heats to 137 degrees so mixing it with the cold water should make longer showers possible.

Just my 2 cents.

Anybody wanna buy a Furrion tankless HWH used only 7 days?

Bill
    @JustDucky
    Did the Suburban fit the existing opening from the Furrion without any modicications?
    Howard & Lynne
    2022 Reflection 260RD
    2021 F250 CC SB 6.7 PS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardC View Post
    Did the Suburban fit the existing opening for the Furrion ok? I am planning the same upgrade.
    I had the dealer replace the tankless Furrion with a Dometic 6-gal. electric/propane model. Fit was no problem, although they seemed to have some trouble with the door for some reason (I think they over-tightened the frame screws, which made the door very loose - but I put some window gaslet around the outside edge and I hope that helps.) I haven't taken it out and tried it yet, but I will soon, and will let you all know how it works. I would think the Suburban would fit as well, since they all seem to be somewhat similar size/shape.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WeGoode View Post
    I had the dealer replace the tankless Furrion with a Dometic 6-gal. electric/propane model. Fit was no problem, although they seemed to have some trouble with the door for some reason (I think they over-tightened the frame screws, which made the door very loose - but I put some window gaslet around the outside edge and I hope that helps.) I haven't taken it out and tried it yet, but I will soon, and will let you all know how it works. I would think the Suburban would fit as well, since they all seem to be somewhat similar size/shape.
    Did they run a dedicated 120v line for the new WH?
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Did they run a dedicated 120v line for the new WH?
    Yes, they did. They basically replaced a single breaker that was used for the washer/dryer hookup (which we have no intention of using) with a double one, so the water heater runs through that. He also installed a double switch (one for the electric, one for the gas) underneath the drawers in the bedroom. Not the most convenient place, I'll admit, but we'll get used to it. I just hope I don't accidentally kick it on or off on my nightly journey to the head. :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope Grand Design hears loud and clear from people about this. The conventional water heaters worked fine. After reading this thread and others like it, it seems the tank less have a lot of downside, especially when dry camping, which we do a lot.

My wife and I recently were considering trading our current rig in, after learning all the new models only offer tank less no way!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camfilly21 View Post
    I hope Grand Design hears loud and clear from people about this. The conventional water heaters worked fine. After reading this thread and others like it, it seems the tank less have a lot of downside, especially when dry camping, which we do a lot.

My wife and I recently were considering trading our current rig in, after learning all the new models only offer tank less no way!
    It is only because Grand Design is deep in bed with Lippert and Furrion which imo will be their demise

If Furrion made a tank WH they would have likely stayed with tank types but Furrion only has tankless and I am sure that is all they will ever use no matter what people want
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been away from these forums for awhile but find it interesting GD hasn't stepped up to the plate on this issue, especially since they had a great reputation for having a great product. (which is why I bought one)

On the positive side... the Suburban 6 gal HWH has been performing well... even in 20 degree temps.

Guess there's no joy in Mudville anymore.

Bill
    Bill
    2021 C-2500HD Duramax; B&W Champion; Reese Airborne Sidewinder
    2022 341RDS

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustDucky View Post
    I've been away from these forums for awhile but find it interesting GD hasn't stepped up to the plate on this issue, especially since they had a great reputation for having a great product. (which is why I bought one)

On the positive side... the Suburban 6 gal HWH has been performing well... even in 20 degree temps.

Guess there's no joy in Mudville anymore.

Bill
    I explained it above. Furrion doesn’t make a tank WH
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast