User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cargo Locks Change-out Issue

I purchased 5/8” cargo Cam style locks with designated keys, but turned out to be too short. Does anyone know the length lock I need to order for the external storage compartment doors? An answer ASAP would be greatly appreciated. We have to leave in a couple weeks to work a Fair.
    2023 GFI XLS 22MLE Thank you in advance! 🙂
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸
    2004 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Super-duty 6.0L (Bulletproofed 😁) 202k miles | 2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE | Trailer Tires: Goodyear Endurance ‘D’ rated

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered 7/8" from RV Shop and it worked well. I also got them keyed like the main door.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I ordered 7/8" from RV Shop and it worked well. I also got them keyed like the main door.

I purchased a Keyless entry lock from RVLock for the main entry door, but I have to call them tomorrow. Everything functions fine, except it won’t let me enter my own code. Any-who, thank you for the tip on lock size for my Cargo Bay doors.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered Cam Locks in:

Size 7/8
    Length 1 3/8
    Bend 1/16

I also ordered extra of the part that bends and turns in size 1/8, but I am pretty certain I used the 1/16 bend pieces.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Average Jane View Post
    I ordered Cam Locks in:

Size 7/8
    Length 1 3/8
    Bend 1/16

I also ordered extra of the part that bends and turns in size 1/8, but I am pretty certain I used the 1/16 bend pieces.

Thank you! I ordered (2) 7/8” Stainless Steel Cam locks (keyed alike) from eTrailer and received a notice email that they shipped today.
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸
    2004 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Super-duty 6.0L (Bulletproofed 😁) 202k miles | 2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE | Trailer Tires: Goodyear Endurance ‘D’ rated

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry that this isn't much of an answer, but I went to local Ace Hardware store where they had 3 different length locksets. I purchased the 2 longer ones and one of them fit perfectly. I didn't save any packaging or receipt so I can't provide details. The packaging was designed so that the contents could be removed for sizing without cutting/tearing plastic, thus no problem returning the one that doesn't fit. Total cost around $13.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cargo Locks

Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post

I did wind-up purchasing 7/8” custom cams key alike, but not like the standard locks most RVs come with and they worked out well. Thank you!
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Jane View Post
    I ordered Cam Locks in:

Size 7/8
    Length 1 3/8
    Bend 1/16

Which is the size of the arm that swings out to "latch" the door closed?
    Is that the part that is 7/8 long or the part that is 1 3/8 ?
    The reason I ask is the only difference I can see online between these locks is the depth of the body, the part with the threads since there are difference door thicknesses.
    I have yet to see any locks like this that have varying lengths for the arm that actually grabs the inside lip of the compartment and holds it closed when it's locked.
    Can you post a link to the brand and model that worked for you?
    I searched on the Grand Design website in the replacement parts section but they don't sell the compartment door locks.
    I bought some off Amazon but that arm I'm referring to wasn't long enough to really hold the door closed so I was able to pull the door open with just light force. So I'm trying to find a set of those locks with a slightly longer "arm". About 3mm longer would do it.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Which is the size of the arm that swings out to "latch" the door closed?
    Is that the part that is 7/8 long or the part that is 1 3/8 ?
    The reason I ask is the only difference I can see online between these locks is the depth of the body, the part with the threads since there are difference door thicknesses.
    I have yet to see any locks like this that have varying lengths for the arm that actually grabs the inside lip of the compartment and holds it closed when it's locked.
    Can you post a link to the brand and model that worked for you?
    I searched on the Grand Design website in the replacement parts section but they don't sell the compartment door locks.
    I bought some off Amazon but that arm I'm referring to wasn't long enough to really hold the door closed so I was able to pull the door open with just light force. So I'm trying to find a set of those locks with a slightly longer "arm". About 3mm longer would do it.
    These are not key locks but same concept and will give you some idea of lengths. I ordered the 1 1/8" and it was just a bit long for a tight seal when latched. But it didn't matter because I just bent the latch tab to the right gap to give it a perfect fit. I believe if I had ordered the 3/4" length it may have been a perfect fit. So, the length is always the shaft length going through the door. If you look at this one it will show all the measurements in the pics. Hope that helps. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)