User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have always enjoyed Skidaway Island SP near Savanna, Georgia.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A FYI. A local GD owners rally was held at Skidaway Island SP last November.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paynes Creek CG, GA on Lake Hartwell. Just past the SC-GA state line, about 15 minuets off I-85, easy in out. Large sites, most are pull through. No sewer but dump station onsite.
    https://pc.bookmysites.com/reservati...ate=2021-08-20

There are dozens of nice CGs up and down this whole water way, both in SC and GA.
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also look at Tennessee TVA campgrounds on lakes.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cloudland SP in GA is on Lookout Mtn and so is Desoto SP near Ft Payne AL. Both have beautiful Mountain View’s. Desoto is near Little River Canyon with a beautiful parkway drive with many scenic stops. The area around Hiawassee in NE GA has many beautiful campgrounds and sightseeing opportunities. Further east of there is Helen GA and Highlands NC with still more sites. Do a bit of research to get details.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about your problem in July. By the way what does the R mean on 310GK R

We are taking off this Wed for the East Coast and are spending time in Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina.
    The parks listed below, all have good ratings but are not modern or super up scale. All 3 them look very pretty to me.
    The last one is the most costly. I have not been to any of them. I used RV Trip Wizard and YouTube videos to find
    them. I definitely want make it to the Keys one of these winters. There are some really upscale nice parks down there,
    but reservations must be made early.

Skidaway Island State Park
    52 Diamond Cswy, Savannah, GA 31411

James Island County Park
    871 Riverland Dr, Charleston, SC 29412

Holiday Trav-L-Park Resort
    9102 Coast Guard Rd, Emerald Isle, NC 28594
    2020 Solitude 310GK
    Ram Tradesman Dually 3500
    San Diego, CA

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerZ View Post
    Sorry to hear about your problem in July. By the way what does the R mean on 310GK R

We are taking off this Wed for the East Coast and are spending time in Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina.
    The parks listed below, all have good ratings but are not modern or super up scale. All 3 them look very pretty to me.
    The last one is the most costly. I have not been to any of them. I used RV Trip Wizard and YouTube videos to find
    them. I definitely want make it to the Keys one of these winters. There are some really upscale nice parks down there,
    but reservations must be made early.

Skidaway Island State Park
    52 Diamond Cswy, Savannah, GA 31411

James Island County Park
    871 Riverland Dr, Charleston, SC 29412

Holiday Trav-L-Park Resort
    9102 Coast Guard Rd, Emerald Isle, NC 28594
    A caution for all these places... be sure to remember the mosquito repellent.

Skidaway is a very nice state park with lots around and things to do Savannah being next door. Be sure to ride out to the beach on Tybee Island and stop at the Sugar Shack for ice cream.

James Island Campground is OK the park it is located in is gorgeous, You may get there late enough to see the Christmas wonderland. You could spend time touring old Charleston or Folly Beach is a short drive.

I don't know the RV park on Emerald Isle, as you say upscale. that = $$$. I stay at Cedar Point Recreation Area up the road on the White Oak River. The beaches on Emerald are awesome. Don't miss the NC State Aquarium at the Teddy Roosevelt Natural area further down the island. If you want good fresh seafood to cook I recommend Chadwick's on Rt 24 in Cape Carteret. Be sure to ask if Wahoo fillets are available you won't regret it! For an excellent dining experience with local fare go to the Riverside in Swansboro.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 09-15-2021 at 06:12 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OurNewEra View Post
    I don't make a habit of giving up my 'secret' spots but since they are hard to get into anyways I'll provide a few.

Cloudland Canyon SP - Georgia
    Fort Mountain SP - Georgia
    Black Rock SP - Georgia
    Cumberland Mountain SP - Tennessee

You can't really go wrong with any Georgia State Park except for maybe a couple of them.
    Please provide details about the access roads and sites for Cloudland SP.
    2019 F350 DRW, Crew Cab, Long bed,
    B&W Companion Hitch w/puck system
    2020 Solitude 310-GK

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rvlife View Post
    Please provide details about the access roads and sites for Cloudland SP.
    Coming in from the west from I-59 there is a steep climb and a couple of switch backs as can be seen on Google maps. The better choice is coming in from the east.

It's been a few years since we were there, but I do recall some bigger RVs in there. You could probably find a campground tour on YouTube.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OurNewEra View Post
    Coming in from the west from I-59 there is a steep climb and a couple of switch backs as can be seen on Google maps. The better choice is coming in from the east.

It's been a few years since we were there, but I do recall some bigger RVs in there. You could probably find a campground tour on YouTube.
    I agree with Ournewera about the approach to Cloudland.
    One of the You tube videos on Cloudland sp the guy is pulling a 45 ft. 5th wheel.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123