Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hitching RV

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hitching RV

My Dodge Ram has a "Load Leveling System". My previous tow vehicle(s) did not. Therefore, once coupled to RV I would raise both the tow vehicle & RV in order to make things level (for lack of better words) as possible. I would then attach stabilizer bars and chains, lower both and attach sway bar. I have read that this process is not necessary if you have a tow vehicle with the aforementioned feature. Anyone have any experience? Additionally, I always measure front & rear tire height (on tow vehicle) before and after process to insure it doesn't vary more than an inch or so. Thanks.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hitching RV

Quote Originally Posted by Dooley View Post
    My Dodge Ram has a "Load Leveling System". My previous tow vehicle(s) did not. Therefore, once coupled to RV I would raise both the tow vehicle & RV in order to make things level (for lack of better words) as possible. I would then attach stabilizer bars and chains, lower both and attach sway bar. I have read that this process is not necessary if you have a tow vehicle with the aforementioned feature. Anyone have any experience? Additionally, I always measure front & rear tire height (on tow vehicle) before and after process to insure it doesn't vary more than an inch or so. Thanks.
    Did you read your manual?
    I am sure it is all explained
    Doesn’t the system need put in “tire change mode” before the hitch is attached?

And what process are you referring to? Using a wdh?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Last edited by NB Canada; 08-13-2021 at 03:41 AM.
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is dependent on your WDH. Some will say specifically not to use with autolevel suspension. WDH and auto level suspension can fight each other. Talk to your WDH manufacturer if information isn't in manual for the WDH.

Newly full timing in our 2021 Momentum 395MS-R with our tow pig being a 2021 F-450 KR

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Did you read your manual?
    I am sure it is all explained
    Doesn’t the system need put in “tire change mode” before the hitch is attached?

And what process are you referring to? Using a wdh?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Yes, I read my manual. Thanks for reminding me. No, it is not all explained. "Tire Change Mode" is to assist in changing flat tire. I do have "Transport Mode" to assist with flat bed towing. Go figure. Neither mention or address when towing RV. Now, the Ram 2500-3500 Air Suspension System has a "Trailer Mode". The manual also covers "Recreational Towing" BEHIND motorhome, etc. Yes, using WDH.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Texas.Yankee View Post
    This is dependent on your WDH. Some will say specifically not to use with autolevel suspension. WDH and auto level suspension can fight each other. Talk to your WDH manufacturer if information isn't in manual for the WDH.

Newly full timing in our 2021 Momentum 395MS-R with our tow pig being a 2021 F-450 KR
    Thank you. The RV dealership provided hitch, stabilizer bars and sway as part of package. I'm checking my file now for instructions. Thanks again.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dooley View Post
    Yes, I read my manual. Thanks for reminding me. No, it is not all explained. "Tire Change Mode" is to assist in changing flat tire. I do have "Transport Mode" to assist with flat bed towing. Go figure. Neither mention or address when towing RV. Now, the Ram 2500-3500 Air Suspension System has a "Trailer Mode". The manual also covers "Recreational Towing" BEHIND motorhome, etc. Yes, using WDH.
    https://news.pickuptrucks.com/2019/0...re-towing.html

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    https://news.pickuptrucks.com/2019/0...re-towing.html