User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all,

I recently mucked with the adjustment screw on my regulator while I was trying to figure out why it wasn't working, and now don't know what pressure it is set at. Several folks in this thread have commented: "I set it at xx psi and ..." so my question is: How do you know what pressure it is set at? I've included a photo of the type of regulator I have, and all it has for adjustment is a screw that turns clockwise and counterclockwise with no numbers. Therefore, all I am certain of is that I'm either increasing or decreasing the maximum pressure; there's no way to tell what that actual maximum pressure is.

So my question is: "How do I set the pressure to xx psi?"

Thanks in advance

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	91TMGEdZ5BL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	37428
    Last edited by KY Gentleman Farmer; 10-26-2021 at 07:45 AM.
    Dave Gaines
    Kentucky Gentleman Farmer
    1997 F-350 Quad Cab
    2020 Grand Design 315RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KY Gentleman Farmer View Post
    Hi all,

I recently mucked with the adjustment screw on my regulator while I was trying to figure out why it wasn't working, and now don't know what pressure it is set at. Several folks in this thread have commented: "I set it at xx psi and ..." so my question is: How do you know what pressure it is set at? I've included a photo of the type of regulator I have, and all it has for adjustment is a screw that turns clockwise and counterclockwise with no numbers. Therefore, all I am certain of is that I'm either increasing or decreasing the maximum pressure; there's no way to tell what that actual maximum pressure is.

Thanks in advance

I haven't purchased this type of regulator yet (it's on my list), but wouldn't you make the adjustment then connect it to water source and see what the pressure on the dial is?
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KY Gentleman Farmer View Post
    Hi all,

Thanks in advance

With this regulator, one makes adjustments with the water supply connected. If you are adjusting it to a higher pressure, the gauge will reflect the setting. If you are adjusting it to a lower pressure, you will have to release the pressure on the house side before the gauge will show the new setting (I do this by opening the outside shower for a moment and then closing it with the coiled hose connected).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    With this regulator, one makes adjustments with the water supply connected. If you are adjusting it to a higher pressure, the gauge will reflect the setting. If you are adjusting it to a lower pressure, you will have to release the pressure on the house side before the gauge will show the new setting (I do this by opening the outside shower for a moment and then closing it with the coiled hose connected).

Rob
    Thanks Rob, I'll give that a try. My issue was that I don't know what the supply pressure is, so if it's less than my desired maximum (e.g., supply pressure is 30 psi and I want to set the maximum to 45 psi), I wasn't expecting the gauge to increase as I turned the adjustment screw because I figured it was still reading 30 psi. However, sounds like you think it will increase whenever it's connected to a supply line, so will let you know if that works!
    Dave Gaines
    1997 F-350 Quad Cab

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    I haven't purchased this type of regulator yet (it's on my list), but wouldn't you make the adjustment then connect it to water source and see what the pressure on the dial is?
    Hi Chad & Karen,

That would work if you were wanting a lower pressure than what was coming out of the supply line; however, my issue was that I don't know what the supply pressure is, so if it's less than my desired maximum (e.g., supply pressure is 30 psi and I want to set the maximum to 45 psi), I wasn't expecting the gauge to increase as I turned the adjustment screw because I figured it was still reading 30 psi.
    Dave Gaines
    1997 F-350 Quad Cab

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, if it was me, I'd run the pressure adjustment screw back down, then attach to known high pressure, like home water line, then adjust the pressure adjustment screw to the pressure you desire. That's the way I would do it anyway.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Well, if it was me, I'd run the pressure adjustment screw back down, then attach to known high pressure, like home water line, then adjust the pressure adjustment screw to the pressure you desire. That's the way I would do it anyway.
    Good thought, thanks Howard and Peggy. Home pressure is certainly adequate so will give it a shot IAW Rob's recommendation as well.
    Dave Gaines
    1997 F-350 Quad Cab

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick question. I just purchased a adjustable water regulator. I have it adjusted to 60 psi. Is that too high for the RV plumbing? I must admit I do like the higher pressure.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCRICHRI View Post
    Quick question. I just purchased a adjustable water regulator. I have it adjusted to 60 psi. Is that too high for the RV plumbing? I must admit I do like the higher pressure.
    I run mine between 55 and 60 without issue

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it interesting that the rvwaterfilterstore sell their $99 version for 2x - 4x what they are at AMZN. I used their model 263 on our previous RV but plan on getting the $28 version of the Renata for our new 2600RB.
    Joyful & Drake
    SE Texas
    2022 Grand Design 2600RB
    2022 F150 Platinum 1777# Payload
    ProPride-3 1400 Hitch

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast