User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main problem I've found with the cheaper adjustable regulators is the gauge. They seem to be good for about 5 uses and then they're toast. But a decent new gauge can be purchased for around $10 and you're good to go again, and still have spent less money than initial purchase of one of the expensive ones.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 337rls. I can never get good pressure with my regulator all the way open. Several campgrounds now. I've taken it off and still low pressure. I look behind the Nautilus center. Looks like pretty small tubing and piping. I fill my tank and use the pump. Any ideas where to start here? I have regulator like in photo up further in posts.

Not sure if I should start a new thread. In out camping for weekend now with full hookups. Good time to diagnose.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you using an inline water filter as well? Like the type that hook up to the water spigot. I have often found that running those along with my regulator, like those you mentioned from photos in previous posts, that my pressure is significantly reduced.
    2016 Chevy Silverado LT Duramax
    2022 Reflection 295RL, after owning 2 Rockwood 8289's

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m retired from the company that invented the water pressure regulator. Let’s clear up a couple of points. As an example, say the supply pressure is 60 psi. You can adjust the outlet pressure to anything less than 60 psi, and must have an accurate pressure gauge on the outlet to know what pressure you’ve adjusted to. You cannot accurately set to a pressure that’s higher than 60 in this example. Yes, you can turn the adjustment screw to a higher position, but it will not register on the gauge and you will not know what the new outlet pressure is UNTIL the regulator is eventually used on a source with a pressure that exceeds this new higher setting - not good as the new setting could be far higher than your plumbing can handle. It is good practice to set the regulator when it is connected to a high pressure source, such as your home which is typically set around 55psi, then leave it alone! No regulator of this type has an adjustment screw calibrated to specific pressures. That’s why they include a gauge on the device. By the way, two things ruin these gauges: freezing and subjecting them to a pressure that exceeds the gauge range. Or the gauge springs a leak.

While in a campground, avoid trying to adjust during peak water usage times (morning and evening bathing times) as water pressure is likely to be lower than you might desire. Be aware that non-adjustable regulators may supply as little as 35psi. Longer supply hoses, complex supple plumbing setups with multiple right angle fittings, multiple filters, collapsing hoses of the “pocket” type and control valves will all reduce the water pressure inside the coach.

Hope this clarifies some things. For the most part Rob’s postings in the foregoing thread are on point.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    I’m retired from the company that invented the water pressure regulator. Let’s clear up a couple of points. As an example, say the supply pressure is 60 psi. You can adjust the outlet pressure to anything less than 60 psi, and must have an accurate pressure gauge on the outlet to know what pressure you’ve adjusted to. You cannot accurately set to a pressure that’s higher than 60 in this example. Yes, you can turn the adjustment screw to a higher position, but it will not register on the gauge and you will not know what the new outlet pressure is UNTIL the regulator is eventually used on a source with a pressure that exceeds this new higher setting - not good as the new setting could be far higher than your plumbing can handle. It is good practice to set the regulator when it is connected to a high pressure source, such as your home which is typically set around 55psi, then leave it alone! No regulator of this type has an adjustment screw calibrated to specific pressures. That’s why they include a gauge on the device. By the way, two things ruin these gauges: freezing and subjecting them to a pressure that exceeds the gauge range. Or the gauge springs a leak.

While in a campground, avoid trying to adjust during peak water usage times (morning and evening bathing times) as water pressure is likely to be lower than you might desire. Be aware that non-adjustable regulators may supply as little as 35psi. Longer supply hoses, complex supple plumbing setups with multiple right angle fittings, multiple filters, collapsing hoses of the “pocket” type and control valves will all reduce the water pressure inside the coach.

Hope this clarifies some things. For the most part Rob’s postings in the foregoing thread are on point.
    Thanks, these are all excellent points, and I am sure that many are or were not aware of nuances. I have a good regulatory and keep it set at 50, never had issues with low pressure in the rig, but I have seen complex setups in the wet bay.

I am sure this will help lots of folks.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for input. I removed everything off mine, left just hose on, and have great pressure. Then I put my gauge back on, set it to 55 psi. Still good pressure. Then added back on my filter. Very slight difference. Think my big issues were, shut off valve I had on one end of hose going right into nautilus center. Looking inside it does constrict the flow. (Was nice being able to shut water on and off there when connecting and disconnecting, but too much of a cost of loss in flow/pressure. Also removed T and spigot and 90 defree angle and meter. Big culprit I believe was the shutoff valve. I tried in the past removing the other items. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220910_140002.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	42969Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220910_135957.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	42970
    Last edited by KDRunner; 09-10-2022 at 12:07 PM.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops, sorry I didn't spell check my phone on changing my words. Need an edit button.
    Ha....just found edit button.
    Last edited by KDRunner; 09-10-2022 at 12:07 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123