Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water filtration (systems)??

Hey gang, another question. I've done some research on water filtration for RV's, and to be honest it's informational overload.
    We've been camping for 15/16 years and have always used the blue in line filters. But "should" we be using a better filtration system?
    We don't live full time in our Reflection, we take as many trips as possible but the wife and I work full time so of course our play time is limited.
    I've been looking at RV Water filter store and there are so many options.
    Are the lower priced dual stage filters better than the blue in line filters?
    Are the mid grade triple filter systems nothing more than hype playing on your fears of.. Anything?
    Any suggestions? Feel free to chime in with your water filtration ideas and what you are using.
    Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might want to read all the way through this thread:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...904#post380904

BTW - you can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    You might want to read all the way through this thread:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...904#post380904

BTW - you can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    Thanks, I have set up a profile. Don't know why it's not showing.

Attachment 36022

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by schlepprock250 View Post
    Thanks, I have set up a profile. Don't know why it's not showing.

Attachment 36022
    It's under signature - follow the steps I outlined above (not just the profile).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those blue filters don't do a whole lot, but better than nothing. We always used them too until this time around. I decided to splurge on the Clear2o dual filter system with the gauges. Figure I'll keep it for several years. So far, good. I initially thought about a UV system, but after reading the scientific data on those, it seems to be more of a gadget because they are simply too small to affect the pollutants. The water needs to spend more time under UV to kill the bacteria; just passing quickly through UV doesn't do it. Anyway, I found that it seems good 'ol charcoal filters are still the best solution for RV situations. And it seems solid charcoal is better than granular filters because it forces all the water through the charcoal and doesn't allow water to create a path of least resistance through the granular filters. Whew! But I'm no expert.

Oh, and I do still use a blue filter at the spigot for good measure to pre-filter my pre-filter.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/r...-filter-system
    Does anyone here have any thoughts or opinions on this filtration system?
    It advertises 3 to 4 GPM flow @60 psi. Would you call that restrictive or good flow?