User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kitchen window screen removal?

The window behind our stove is horizontal. The sliding glass behind the screen has grease on it and I can't remove the screen to clean the final 3 inches that's hidden behind the frame of the screen. It doesn't seem to have spring clips that allow it to be pushed up or sideways for removal (like mentioned in other posts asking this question).
    The screen does however slide (with considerable force), but only as far as that window is opened so that doesn't seem to be any help either.
    Has anyone removed the screen on theirs to clean the glass? And if so, how did you remove it? Thanks,
    Jeff
    2020 303RLSClick image for larger version. 

Name:	window.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	36026
    Last edited by jostby; 08-13-2021 at 10:45 AM. Reason: added picture

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jostby View Post
    The window behind our stove is horizontal. The sliding glass behind the screen has grease on it and I can't remove the screen to clean the final 3 inches that's hidden behind the frame of the screen. It doesn't seem to have spring clips that allow it to be pushed up or sideways for removal (like mentioned in other posts asking this question).
    The screen does however slide (with considerable force), but only as far as that window is opened so that doesn't seem to be any help either.
    Has anyone removed the screen on theirs to clean the glass? And if so, how did you remove it? Thanks,
    Jeff

I have a 2020 337 so my window may be the same as yours. The screen for my kitchen window has two spring clips on the top of the screen frame and the top frame of the screen pushes into the slide grove on the top rail of the window frame. To remove the screen push up on the top edge of the screen and the frame will go up into the track and you will be able to remove the screen from the bottom.

If your screen does not slide or will not go up into the track as described above you probably have a bent track.

My kitchen window never worked well and the screen would not come put.
    I just replaced my kitchen window because it broke. When I got the old window out I discovered the track the screen rides in was bent in a couple of places like mallet strikes.
    Last edited by Always Learning; 08-13-2021 at 11:23 AM.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Always Learning View Post
    I have a 2020 337 so my window may be the same as yours. The screen for my kitchen window has two spring clips on the top of the screen frame and the top frame of the screen pushes into the slide grove on the top rail of the window frame. To remove the screen push up on the top edge of the screen and the frame will go up into the track and you will be able to remove the screen from the bottom.

If your screen does not slide or will not go up into the track as described above you probably have a bent track.

My kitchen window never worked well and the screen would not come put.
    I just replaced my kitchen window because it broke. When I got the old window out I discovered the track the screen rides in was bent in a couple of places like mallet strikes.
    Just had to remove that screen to tint the window.

The only difference I found that made the process easier without bending the screen frame for me was to slide the window open, which allowed me to push the screen open enough to get two hands (one front and one back) on it and THEN push the frame up into the track.
    Bobby and Jessica
    2022 Reflection 311BHS "The Farmhouse"
    2012 F350 CC/CM Flatbed/7k bags "Johnny"
    Cats x 2 (Rosco the Rascal and Vinny Da Cat)
    Aussie Cattle Dog "BlueBell"

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 2800Bh kitchen screen removal

Quote Originally Posted by jostby View Post
    Jeff

I finally figured out on my 2021 2800BH that the springs for the screen on the kitchen window are on the bottom instead of the top. So push down instead of up. Seems dumb. Perhaps it's a screen assembly error.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
    I finally figured out on my 2021 2800BH that the springs for the screen on the kitchen window are on the bottom instead of the top. So push down instead of up. Seems dumb. Perhaps it's a screen assembly error.
    We just cleaned all 9 of our screens. Up or down depends on which way it slides. 5 down, 1 up, 3 other
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
    Thanks for that. Mt wife just asked me the other day to remove screen. Now for the other windows! Lol
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)