Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW!
    Go big or go home.

How many amps are the batteries?
    And would you mind sharing the total cost?

I am still awaiting the final 3 panels. The price has gone up since I bought them, but they are still awaiting their shipment. The good thing is they will install fast as it is just plug and play.

I had a oops moment and forgot to hit the battery disconnect after turning the solar off. So the battle borns all went into low voltage shutdown. One of them failed to wake up. Battle born has been fantastic on their end so far. Once the trouble shooting over the phone was done, they had a shipping label to me overnight.... Fed Ex was not so easy to work with on their haz mat policies, but that is not battle borns fault. I should be hearing from them pretty soon, and I plan on ordering 4 more 100 amp batteries from them at that time.

I saw a youtube video where they installed 10 battle borns in a Momentum above the generator compartment. There is a lot of dead space up there, but I never considered using it until I watched that video. He reinforced the compartment with 2x4s. He says it has been down 2000 miles of not so good roads without a problem.

It still looks sketchy to me. I have a plan to reinforce that area a lot more than he did.... I just need for summer to end, as it is too hot in Phoenix to take on such a big project.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    WOW!
    Go big or go home.

How many amps are the batteries?
    And would you mind sharing the total cost?

I am still awaiting the final 3 panels. The price has gone up since I bought them, but they are still awaiting their shipment. The good thing is they will install fast as it is just plug and play.

I had a oops moment and forgot to hit the battery disconnect after turning the solar off. So the battle borns all went into low voltage shutdown. One of them failed to wake up. Battle born has been fantastic on their end so far. Once the trouble shooting over the phone was done, they had a shipping label to me overnight.... Fed Ex was not so easy to work with on their haz mat policies, but that is not battle borns fault. I should be hearing from them pretty soon, and I plan on ordering 4 more 100 amp batteries from them at that time.

I saw a youtube video where they installed 10 battle borns in a Momentum above the generator compartment. There is a lot of dead space up there, but I never considered using it until I watched that video. He reinforced the compartment with 2x4s. He says it has been down 2000 miles of not so good roads without a problem.

It still looks sketchy to me. I have a plan to reinforce that area a lot more than he did.... I just need for summer to end, as it is too hot in Phoenix to take on such a big project.
    The batteries are 100 AH each. I can add more. The cost was $14800 which included $3800 labor. Their parts prices were as good as you can get online.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12