User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warranty? Can’t remove Air Admittance Valve

Looking for some input here on my 2021 381M although this really applies to any model.

I’ve been wanting to replace my AAV in the main bathroom sink but when they assembled it at the factory they left no clearance to actually remove it. As you start to unthread it it goes up against the glued on counter top so the only way to remove it is to cut it off.

Typically this is any easy swap, unthread old valve, thread on new valve.

I told the dealer about this expecting them/GD to fix it before my warranty is up and they submitted my claim as I asked but did tell me they don’t think it would be fixed under warranty.
    To be clear, I haven’t been told no yet but I want to gather info on this so I’m prepared as I fully expect them to fix this.

IMO it’s just bad quality control. Things happen and as long as things like this are taken care of then I’m ok but the dealer didn’t make me feel too good about it.

You can see in the photos it is directly touching the bottom side of the counter top as I start to unthread it.

Let me know what you guys think and also let me know how yours was installed from the factory, did you have plenty of clearance?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4715.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	36050
    Last edited by FirstAscent; 08-14-2021 at 03:12 PM.
    2021 Momentum 381M (Ordered 3/6/2020, Delivered 8/27/2020)
    -- Full Body Paint, MORryde IS 7k w/ disc brakes, Gen-Y Gooseneck conversion, 3 AC, Heat Pump, Dual Pane Windows, Slide Toppers, Residential Fridge

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Just cut the dang thing off below the collar and glue another collar on and thread on the new AAV. I can't see how in the world you would want to take this to a dealer to get changed out.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul & Deb View Post
    Just cut the dang thing off below the collar and glue another collar on and thread on the new AAV. I can't see how in the world you would want to take this to a dealer to get changed out.
    Exactly. Might take 2 minutes and 2.99

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I replaced the one under my kitchen sink I had to disconnect the pipe from the P trap. I was then able to tilt the pipe out and replace the AAV.

If it hasn't failed I don't think it would be a warranty repair. And do you want your trailer sitting at the dealer for 5 weeks to change something you could have done?
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All valid points! And I’m comfortable repairing it myself too.

It’s gotta go back to the dealer anyway so I basically just made a list of all the items I do want them to fix. They are working out all the details and ordering all/any parts I would need BEFORE I drop it off. This way when I do drop it off it’ll only be there for a day or two.
    2021 Momentum 381M (Ordered 3/6/2020, Delivered 8/27/2020)
    -- Full Body Paint, MORryde IS 7k w/ disc brakes, Gen-Y Gooseneck conversion, 3 AC, Heat Pump, Dual Pane Windows, Slide Toppers, Residential Fridge

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with the above. I cant see why the factory thought this was a good way to install it all....must have been built on a Friday with the backup quality guy on shift.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want to add that August 2021 I purchased a brand new Imagine xls 21bhe.

I have noticed that my gray water drains slow and then when done, the remaining water in the hose seems to be held in with a suction. PLEASE NOTE: we put nothing down the sink except clear soap water. All dishes are wiped clean before washing. So there is absolutely nothing to clog our tank.

So, it seemed like a venting problem. Checking admittance valve under bathroom sink, I reasoned that if I removed it I could see if that open vent would help with draining gray tank.

Alas, I found that my Admittance valve was NOT REMOVEABLE for the same reason mentioned above!

Name:	admittance valve.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	39186

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YES - I will cut it off and replace BUT....

BUT BUT BUT - Most people that I know could not do this and shouldn't have to. I check my kitchen valve and it is nearly impossible to even get at. With a mirror and flash light I was able to see that it too was right up to the counter top. I pray I never have to deal with that issue.

STILL - I have to find out about slow gray tank draining. Any ideas?

Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcdar View Post
    YES - I will cut it off and replace BUT....

BUT BUT BUT - Most people that I know could not do this and shouldn't have to. I check my kitchen valve and it is nearly impossible to even get at. With a mirror and flash light I was able to see that it too was right up to the counter top. I pray I never have to deal with that issue.

STILL - I have to find out about slow gray tank draining. Any ideas?

Thanks
    I agree with you that we shouldn't have to cut a pipe to replace a part that is screwed on. We are also careful with goes in the tank. On ours, when I want to completely drain the grey, I refer to it as the never ending trickle. It will initially have a good amount of flow until it gets to near empty then the trickle never seem to end. We're lucky that we can dump at home so I just leave it open and go do something else. I think that it has to do with the placement and pipe angle. At least in our case.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstAscent View Post
    Looking for some input here on my 2021 381M although this really applies to any model.

I’ve been wanting to replace my AAV in the main bathroom sink but when they assembled it at the factory they left no clearance to actually remove it. As you start to unthread it it goes up against the glued on counter top so the only way to remove it is to cut it off.

Name:	IMG_4715.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	36050
    Just curious and new owner. Why do you want to replace it? Is it defective? How did you know?

Thanks.
    2021 Solitude 380FL-R
    Ram 3500 MegaCab SB DRW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast