User Tag List

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Schwinntek electrical fault questions

Hi. I have what appears to be an electrical fault in my schwinntek bedroom slide. I'm getting 8 red flashes at the control box on motor 2.

I'm not an electrical genius, but my plan is to open up the under bed area and check my connections between the controller and motor.

Any technical suggestions would be appreciated!
    This is my first schwinntek. I've been lucky enough to avoid them in the past [emoji57]

Thanks....I am under warranty but on a campsite for a couple weeks so I have time to investigate and hopefully fix this myself....I need to learn and this is a good opportunity.

Thanks!

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Resolution: The local RV tech in the area has been quite an effort to deal with, so I finally decided that he wasn't worth the effort.

I was able to perform the control panel override and move the slide in enough to get a look at the motor. I found a pinched wire from poor installation. Repositioning the motor wires and securing them out of the way has resolved the problem for the moment.

Man that motor just sort of sits there...I wish it was secured at the top. It seems pretty loose, but is working fine!

On edit...I decided to check a little further on the looseness of the motor. Sure enough, the screw holding the motor in place was missing. Now it all makes perfect sense.

Thanks to all.

Last edited by DECelt; 08-24-2021 at 10:28 AM.
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post
    Resolution: The local RV tech in the area has been quite an effort to deal with, so I finally decided that he wasn't worth the effort.

I was able to perform the control panel override and move the slide in enough to get a look at the motor. I found a pinched wire from poor installation. Repositioning the motor wires and securing them out of the way has resolved the problem for the moment.

Man that motor just sort of sits there...I wish it was secured at the top. It seems pretty loose, but is working fine!

On edit...I decided to check a little further on the looseness of the motor. Sure enough, the screw holding the motor in place was missing. Now it all makes perfect sense.

Thanks to all.

To close this out, I ended up replacing the motor. What initially is a serious sounding endeavor is really simple. My best guess is that the motor wires were damaged at the factory.

DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your second post seems to say that one or more wires on the motor's pigtail were damaged. If this is the only problem with the motor a little soldering can fix that. I'm saying this because you might want to save that motor as it won't take much effort to repair the wiring, and it will make a nice spare.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    Your second post seems to say that one or more wires on the motor's pigtail were damaged. If this is the only problem with the motor a little soldering can fix that. I'm saying this because you might want to save that motor as it won't take much effort to repair the wiring, and it will make a nice spare.
    Exactly my plan! Thanks!

DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK