User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water leaks out after filling fresh water tank on Momentum 28G.

Hello. Water leaks out after filling fresh water tank on Momentum 28G. My buddy has a 21G and did the same thing. He installed sharkbite fittings and a valve to isolate. Has anyone else encountered this? and what remedies? I'm sure this has probably been addressed, but I'm new on here and haven't filtered through all of the threads yet.

TIA

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you use the search function for overflow or siphoning affect you'll see that this has been covered many times with a few different mods described. The water leaking is normal its your overflow which means that your fresh tank is now full. If you install a valve on the overflow then it needs to be open when filling and when using or else the tank could explode or implode.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All too common. As @Ynot4me2 stated, search and see a ton of threads. We also use the Sharkbite valves on our 31G. Works great but gotta remember to open them before turning on the pump when you get to your destination.

Grand Design has a fix for it now being implemented in the new trailers. Some have gotten the fix under warranty worth asking your dealer. I'll personally just stick with the Sharkbites.

Last edited by TerryH; 08-16-2021 at 07:06 PM.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the same problem with our 21 G. The dealer fixed it under warranty by installing a tube loop (?) so the water would not siphon out. It worked!
    Cindi DeBoer
    Brand New to RVing
    Momentum 21G Toy Hauler 2021
    Colorado Springs CO

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all- think maybe my brand new 2400BH 2022 Imagine has this issue- I lost 2/3 tank of fresh just driving 250 miles from dealer to home. One of the ends of the blue hoses looked a little wet when I got home- is this the tell tale of the siphon issue?

The blue hoses are the overflow hoses I suppose- and I guess this is the only way air can get in to balance when you pump out water or fill with fresh- yes? I.e. there is no vertical vent off the fresh tank?

Sorry to be asking about what sounds like a common issue- but confirming its still an issue in a brand new 2022. I'll do more searching...

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GD has altered the overflow design so it doesn't happen anymore...but I don't think on all lines yet. Think they are starting on Solitudes and/or Momentums.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kizler View Post
    Hey all- think maybe my brand new 2400BH 2022 Imagine has this issue- I lost 2/3 tank of fresh just driving 250 miles from dealer to home. One of the ends of the blue hoses looked a little wet when I got home- is this the tell tale of the siphon issue?

The blue hoses are the overflow hoses I suppose- and I guess this is the only way air can get in to balance when you pump out water or fill with fresh- yes? I.e. there is no vertical vent off the fresh tank?

Sorry to be asking about what sounds like a common issue- but confirming its still an issue in a brand new 2022. I'll do more searching...
    That sounds right. The overflow is often close to the dump valve. To be sure, fill up your tank until it overflows and see. No vertical vent.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've confirmed the gravity vent is there and not hooked up. Can't for the live of me figure out why they even add those two overflow hoses. Nutters. But... I extended some PEX to the edge and installed two ball valves. Took 15 minutes and now I can close them when traveling and open them when using water or filling water. Slick. The PEX I used is clear and says not to expose it to UV so I am guessing it will eventually crack- but no big deal I'll just replace it. All good. So far seems like this solves the water draining issue.
    2022 Imagine 2400BH, 2021 Ford Expedition Max, the wonderful wife, 3 teens, and 1 right behind em....
    Former Lance 2185 owner, and have towed with 2017 Ford Expy EL, and 2006 Ford Expy.
    Favorite places to RV? Yellowstone National Park- we've been 10+ times!

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kizler View Post
    I've confirmed the gravity vent is there and not hooked up. Can't for the live of me figure out why they even add those two overflow hoses. Nutters. But... I extended some PEX to the edge and installed two ball valves. Took 15 minutes and now I can close them when traveling and open them when using water or filling water. Slick. The PEX I used is clear and says not to expose it to UV so I am guessing it will eventually crack- but no big deal I'll just replace it. All good. So far seems like this solves the water draining issue.
    Pics of the fix please?