User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreenblade View Post
    So when I pull the fuse refrigerator and furnace do not turn on but the red light stays on I have no idea why. But when I pull fuse 4 the red light for that comes on way brighter then fuse 3 weird. So I guess nothing is wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Did you replace with a new fuse to see if the light goes out?
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Did you replace with a new fuse to see if the light goes out?
    Yes. Same, nothing changed.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. Same, nothing changed.

Hmmmmm…

Next thought is to check the connections to that fuse location on the back of the 12v distribution panel.
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmmm…

Next thought is to check the connections to that fuse location on the back of the 12v distribution panel.
    That fuse supply’s the 12v to the fridge and heater. Both work. I assume the board is malfunctioning the indicator. Do you think something is not working properly besides the indicator?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That fuse supply’s the 12v to the fridge and heater. Both work. I assume the board is malfunctioning the indicator. Do you think something is not working properly besides the indicator?

Loose connections do weird things. You are obviously getting good voltage otherwise the fridge and heater would not work right or at all.

Could only be a loose connection or malfunctioning board?
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loose connections do weird things. You are obviously getting good voltage otherwise the fridge and heater would not work right or at all.

Could only be a loose connection or malfunctioning board?
    I believe if it was a loose connection that light would go on and off. It stays on and doesn’t get any brighter like the other ones, when I pull them. The fridge and furnace would do the same. Maybe someone has experienced this before. I can’t be the only one. I could pull out the board.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe if it was a loose connection that light would go on and off. It stays on and doesn’t get any brighter like the other ones, when I pull them. The fridge and furnace would do the same. Maybe someone has experienced this before. I can’t be the only one. I could pull out the board.

It could be the board. The LED is designed to light up when there is an open circuit (fuse is blown or open). You don't say, or I missed if the LED in question gets brighter when you remove the fuse on that circuit. A higher resistance like a compromised fuse, loose wire connection, poor solder joint on the board would / could result in what you are seeing. You replaced the fuse with no change so rule that out for now. Next undo the wires at the terminal strip and reinsert making sure the insulation is stripped back enough to fully insert the wire, usually 3/8 - 1/2". After that you would need to inspect the board. Using an air duster can on solder connections is a way to check poor solder joints. The cold air from the can contracts the material on the board and usually temporarily makes a connection.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

False blown fuse indicator

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    It could be the board. The LED is designed to light up when there is an open circuit (fuse is blown or open). You don't say, or I missed if the LED in question gets brighter when you remove the fuse on that circuit. A higher resistance like a compromised fuse, loose wire connection, poor solder joint on the board would / could result in what you are seeing. You replaced the fuse with no change so rule that out for now. Next undo the wires at the terminal strip and reinsert making sure the insulation is stripped back enough to fully insert the wire, usually 3/8 - 1/2". After that you would need to inspect the board. Using an air duster can on solder connections is a way to check poor solder joints. The cold air from the can contracts the material on the board and usually temporarily makes a connection.
    I did move wire 3 to an open fuse and it worked correctly, no red light. It’s not a short circuit with the wire. I emailed WFCO we’ll see what they say. The light does get brighter when removed. Also with the wire out the red indicator stays on. The board is like $30 online not sure if it’s worth replacing? Thanks

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did move wire 3 to an open fuse and it worked correctly, no red light. It’s not a short circuit with the wire. I emailed WFCO we’ll see what they say. The light does get brighter when removed. Also with the wire out the red indicator stays on. The board is like $30 online not sure if it’s worth replacing? Thanks

If you have an open slot you could just move there and call it a day. I would see if WFCO would send you a new board to replace yours. If you don't swap it, at the very least it's a back up.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    If you have an open slot you could just move there and call it a day. I would see if WFCO would send you a new board to replace yours. If you don't swap it, at the very least it's a back up.
    The red indicator stays on even when there’s no wire in it so it doesn’t matter if I switch it to a new slot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast