User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peeling furniture replacement

The Thomas Payne Love Seat on my 2017 reflection started to peel about 2 months ago. The peeling accelerated over the last 2 months dramatically.

So I replaced the Love Seat with a cloth version from RecPro It appears to be well built and looks real good. The only down side is that the seat back is not as high as the one in the Thomas Payne. My head is over the top of the seat back but my wife fits in it perfectly. I think it will survive longer than the Lippert Thomas Payne junk. it has an option for center a removable center arm rest with cup holders which i purchased
    https://www.recpro.com/recpro-charle...seat-in-cloth/

Here are pictures of the peeling couch and the replacement installed. One with the optional removable arm rest and the other without
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails unnamed1.jpg   unnamed2.jpg   unnamed3.jpg  
    Last edited by Jerryr; 08-17-2021 at 08:26 PM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New furniture looks good ! My dogs would not be kind to a light color. But it's nice to get another good opinion on rec pro construction.

Our sofa is beyond peeling, the top on some spots is now solids black. Well be exploring options at the IN Rally, hit a few RV Surplus stores, the rec pro warehouse and Lambright. Fabric is the prefered choice unless we get a smokin deal on real leather.

Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks great! One more here with the peeling furniture; so far just the theater seats; figure the sofas can't be too long for this world.

Recpro looks like it may be the way to go. Thanks for the pics, keep us posted with any updates (hopefully all good news!).
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand Design should be ashamed of themselves for selling Thomas Payne junk furniture.

I replaced my 12' slide of wallhugger recliners/love seat over the winter with a cloth RecPro hide a bed with a full size bed. Couldn't get a longer size because the extended hide a bed wouldn't clear my kitchen island. And I'm not exactly satisfied how the RecPro sits either. I could at least be assured that the RecPro would go through the door.

Too bad so few other furniture alternatives are out there since FlexSteel got out of the RV business.

Now my Thomas Payne J Bed in the bunkhouse has delaminated, and I'll be pulling it out over the winter to get it reupholstered.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    Grand Design should be ashamed of themselves for selling Thomas Payne junk furniture.

I replaced my 12' slide of wallhugger recliners/love seat over the winter with a cloth RecPro hide a bed with a full size bed. Couldn't get a longer size because the extended hide a bed wouldn't clear my kitchen island. And I'm not exactly satisfied how the RecPro sits either. I could at least be assured that the RecPro would go through the door.

Too bad so few other furniture alternatives are out there since FlexSteel got out of the RV business.

Now my Thomas Payne J Bed in the bunkhouse has delaminated, and I'll be pulling it out over the winter to get it reupholstered.

Have you looked at Lambright. They are in Topeka IN. by shipshawana and the national rally. They are an Amish company tat makes really good furniture for homes and RV;s. They will do custom makes pretty much anything you want. If you are close to them they will even install it. @ years ago someone at the rally bought from them and they came to the rally and installed it.
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They look promising. Did not see prices....only got halfway through the 2021 catalog though
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    They look promising. Did not see prices....only got halfway through the 2021 catalog though

Lambright pricing is on the high side but so is their comfort and quality. If you plan on keeping the trailer it's worth it. They will even add extra lumbar support for a small fee of course. They have a great selection of fabric in their showroom.

But..If you are thinking about upgrading I think something less pricey like the Rec Pro stuff would be a better investment.
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we are getting to replace our loveseat, did you do it yourself? Any hints?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On another thread I mentioned my theater seating broke something underneath and won't open now on one side. Still under warranty and not to thread highjack, but is it better to call Lippert or GD to get it covered under warranty?
    2019 F150 4x4 screw sb with max towing
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    2 many former rigs to list.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobnColo View Post
    On another thread I mentioned my theater seating broke something underneath and won't open now on one side. Still under warranty and not to thread highjack, but is it better to call Lippert or GD to get it covered under warranty?
    I'd start with GD, and would most likely be informed to contact Lippert.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast