User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Truck Tire Recommendations?

Our truck (details below) came with Bridgestone Duravis M700 tires which I’ve been extremely happy with. Quiet, they ride great, handle well, and have 59K miles on them. Never a problem or even a flat. Wife thinks they need replaced before our next trip two weeks hence.

Would like to get the exact same tire, but we are in semi-rural Arkansas so finding them is a bit of a problem. I’ve always run Michelins but willing to consider others. We really don’t off-road much. We pull a 2600RB (~6000 lbs) and don’t plan to go any heavier. I’m not extremely price-conscious, but also not wasteful.

Recommendations?
    Last edited by RustyCas; 08-19-2021 at 07:59 AM.
    Rusty & Cathy
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2016 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab Long Bed 4WD 6L
    Husky 32217 Centerline WDH

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I run Coopers on my F250. On our second set and have been very happy with them. Road noise is a bit higher than on a street tire but not much.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, if I were very happy with a particular brand and wanted to replace with the same tire, I'd order online and have them installed locally. I've done it
    quite a lot and never been disappointed. And if you pick the right seller, you might not even have to pay shipping and sales tax. JMO of course.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyCas View Post
    Our truck (details below) came with Bridgestone Duravis M700 tires which I’ve been extremely happy with. Quiet, they ride great, handle well, and have 59K miles on them. Never a problem or even a flat. Wife thinks they need replaced before our next trip two weeks hence.

Would like to get the exact same tire, but we are in semi-rural Arkansas so finding them is a bit of a problem. I’ve always run Michelins but willing to consider others. We really don’t off-road much. We pull a 2600RB (~6000 lbs) and don’t plan to go any heavier. I’m not extremely price-conscious, but also not wasteful.

Recommendations?
    I'd you like your Bridgestone a have you considered ordering them online and have them delivered? Or delivered to a nearby installer. I e ordered from Tirerack.com in the past with great success.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look on tirerack.com see if they have that model tire for your vehicle. They ship that day.

edit: I see I got beat to the punch on this one LOL
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been discussed many times on the forum - you can use the search function if you want to find and read those other threads. That said, like @GeoffnCheri I was very happy with the Coopers that were OEM on our F350. When they aged out, I replaced them with Michelin Defenders - with which I am also very happy. As others have said, if you've been happy with the Bridgestones, there's no reason not to put another set of those on, either.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yes, I’ve looked online, but I live in a smaller town and my tire shop treats me really well so I don’t want to get crosswise with them. Just wanted your thoughts on viable options. Thanks for your input.
    Rusty & Cathy
    2021 Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yes, I’ve looked online, but I live in a smaller town and my tire shop treats me really well so I don’t want to get crosswise with them. Just wanted your thoughts on viable options. Thanks for your input.
    It appears the only viable options are what your local tire shop can provide.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After searching for and reading a discussion of Coopers vs “others”, I decided to go with the Michelin Agilis CrossClimate which I’d not heard of before but which was the top-rated “highway all-terrain” tire on TireRack.com. Their installer partner was in an even smaller town about 15 miles away, and my local shop could get them just as fast (overnight) and was actually $50 cheaper (total - not per tire). The specs were almost exactly the same as the Duravis, except one class better speed rating. I’ve been buying Michelin’s since I could afford to, and I’ve never gotten a bad tire. As Bear Bryant once said, “You should dance with the one that brung ya.” Again, thanks for your input.
    Rusty & Cathy
    2021 Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recommendations?
    I just replaced my tires and bought them through my Ford dealer.

When he showed me the price, I was really impressed with the price, it was way lower than I expected (so low that I knew I didn't need to shop around).

Most tire shops can get tires shipped to the shop inside of a few days.

So check your dealer and the tire shop in your area.

PS: My truck came with Michelins and I have been buying Michelins for decades, always liked the tires.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast