User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using oven at high altitude

We were recently camping at 9300'. After much line bleeding I got the water heater to light and the stove burners. However, the oven would light and burn for a minute or so and then go out. After trying 6 or 7 times on multiple days we gave up. No biscuits! What could I have done?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmckayden View Post
    We were recently camping at 9300'. After much line bleeding I got the water heater to light and the stove burners. However, the oven would light and burn for a minute or so and then go out. After trying 6 or 7 times on multiple days we gave up. No biscuits! What could I have done?
    I can very well be mistaken here as I have no experience with high altitude but I think a special regulator is required. Again, don't quote me on that.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've not given us enough information to go on. What is the brand/model and year of your oven? Several of the newer units are known to have this issue - regardless of the elevation (it's only altitude if you're in an aircraft).

Is see this is your first post - welcome to the forum! ou can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The regulator needs to be adjusted down in pressure. You are getting too much fuel for the little bit of air available at high elevation. It is probably wide open like mine was. I'm surprised your fridge worked, assuming it is also propane.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our water heater did not like 88xx feet elevation, so I opened up the air bleed to max and viola, it worked...
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue