Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grey Water Valve Leak

Ours is a 2019 Momentum M395. Yesterday I tried to empty the grey water, but nothing came out. There should have been at least 20 gallons. I closed the valve and turned on inside kitchen sink and let it run. Water trickled out of the valve when in closed position. That means the valve is not closing all the way. I guess I could have said this with a lot fewer words. “Closed grey water leaks”. Now for my question, where exactly is the valve? The underside of the rig is closed up with some kind of cardboard material. Where do I begin.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank P View Post
    Ours is a 2019 Momentum M395. Yesterday I tried to empty the grey water, but nothing came out. There should have been at least 20 gallons. I closed the valve and turned on inside kitchen sink and let it run. Water trickled out of the valve when in closed position. That means the valve is not closing all the way. I guess I could have said this with a lot fewer words. “Closed grey water leaks”. Now for my question, where exactly is the valve? The underside of the rig is closed up with some kind of cardboard material. Where do I begin.
    The underbelly of your camper is covered with a plastic material called Coroplast (corrugated Plastic).

To find your valves, remove the Coroplast closest to your drain pipe and follow the drain up to your "Blade Valves", the smaller pipes will be your grey tank (or tanks) and the large pipe will be from your black tank. The valves are reasonably easy to change , however be careful when removing them to not get splashed with effluent.

PS: if your valves have cables you should replace the cables when you replace the valves.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    The underbelly of your camper is covered with a plastic material called Coroplast (corrugated Plastic).

To find your valves, remove the Coroplast closest to your drain pipe and follow the drain up to your "Blade Valves", the smaller pipes will be your grey tank (or tanks) and the large pipe will be from your black tank. The valves are reasonably easy to change , however be careful when removing them to not get splashed with effluent.

PS: if your valves have cables you should replace the cables when you replace the valves.
    PPS: If you have two gray tanks, you may have two different sizes of gate valves (many models do). It would be best to determine which one is leaking and confirm which valve you need with GD Customer Service.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the information.
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank P View Post
    Forum hint: if you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have done here, folks will know to whom you are replying.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015