User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Satellite tv

currently we are on our way to Salome AZ.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SantaDuffyandMrsC View Post
    Thinking about changing home satellite service to Dish to get the RV setup as well.

Any comments for Dish as opposed to Direct TV? It seems that Dish is cheaper in the long run and now Dish provides sports access for both College and NFL games so don't think that is any issue any longer.

Look forward to responses.
    we have the Dish outdoors account and are full time for the last 2 years, its works great, and since we travel all over we got the dual arc that will allow up to 2 tv's hooked up at the same time. Also I have no contract just month to month $62 month with my programming only issues I ever have is those darn trees.
    Mike and Renee with Gracie our Golden Retriever on a full time journey exploring our great Country
    2021 Momentum 395m with Factory installed 8k axles with disc brakes and solar package, 4976# CCC
    2015 F350 CC LB DRW. Firestone #5000 air bags with Air One remote control and Bilstein shocks
    25k B&W Companion on factory 5th wheel mounts

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SantaDuffyandMrsC View Post
    Thinking about changing home satellite service to Dish to get the RV setup as well.

Any comments for Dish as opposed to Direct TV? It seems that Dish is cheaper in the long run and now Dish provides sports access for both College and NFL games so don't think that is any issue any longer.

Look forward to responses.
    We have Direct TV. I just remove my main unit from the house and put in the RV. We usually record a bunch of stuff before we leave and it remains on the hard drive and you can watch even if you are blocked out by trees. Have had no issues with it. I am worried about the future because I hear DTV won’t be supporting dishes forever. Seems they are headed to a streaming platform. Basically disbanding satellite altogether.
    Todd Dean
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Silverado 2500 Gas, std Bed, 2 WD
    BW Companion

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've been DISH customers for more than 25 years. I've seen Direct TV in dozens of establishments. I feel DISH has much more user-friendly interfaces that DTV.

One squawk about DISH though. They have receivers that will connect to an outside antenna to be able to watch local channels, but they refuse to sell them to non-businesses. We don't have Hoppers or camp full-time, but the older VP211K receivers are HD and can receive OTA (over the air) channels. The Tailgater (VP211Z) cannot receive OTA signals.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had DirecTV roof top mount and switched to the Dish Home and Playmaker portable package Trees are a pain. The Dish and DirecTV satellite dishes are not compatible. A nice Dish feature is that you can add the RV receiver to your home account for $7 per month instead of the $40 monthly fee (only the months that you use it). Your programming at home is on your RV receiver. Get the HD storage option as you can always watch recorded programs in case you can't get a signal (rare). The only drawback is the RV version only has a single In other words, you can't watch a live program and record another at the same time. That's a minor problem since I don't go on a trip to sit in the camper and watch TV all the time I may as well stay at home. Local tv channels via your RV antenna are added to your Dish satellite guide making access to the locals a breeze. Locals via satellite are available but you have to call Dish and tell them where you are. Dish has excellent customer service. .😁
    Chris Lynn
    Union City TN
    2016 Chevy 2500HD
    2020 Imagine 3250BH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had Direct for many years and used our receiver and a dish and tripod years ago when we took our fiver to Lake Powell. Worked well then. Having said that, our new trailer has a 40” Roku smart TV. After getting my sil to be the old folks tech guru, not going with satellite now. Between Roku, Amazon Prime, espn and a myriad other stuff that’s there, no need. For us anyway, your results may vary lol
    2019 F150 4x4 screw sb with max towing
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    2 many former rigs to list.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobnColo View Post
    We had Direct for many years and used our receiver and a dish and tripod years ago when we took our fiver to Lake Powell. Worked well then. Having said that, our new trailer has a 40” Roku smart TV. After getting my sil to be the old folks tech guru, not going with satellite now. Between Roku, Amazon Prime, espn and a myriad other stuff that’s there, no need. For us anyway, your results may vary lol
    Yep, if you have great cell service or a great internet connection totally agree. But if you go spend a week or two where you have neither..... Satty sure is nice for an extra 5 bucks a month on top of you normal service fees, or as you menitoned in your case there was no extra charge because you took the kit from home when you did it.

Okie

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes cell service for hotspot almost always works or WiFi if the park has it. Since we close on our house tomorrow we had Direct cancelled because I didn’t want to deal with setting up a receiver of buy an automatic one. Since we both retired last week, we are as my Dad used to “I am on a fixed income” lol. Tv is just not a priority for us so no big deal. Different strokes I guess, not much I even watch on tv anymore.
    2019 F150 4x4 screw sb with max towing
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    2 many former rigs to list.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had Direct TV since the 90's. Have stuck with them because of the NFL package and regional sports. Cancelled NFL but have stuck with Direct for the regional sports because of Bally's purchase of Fox regional sports. Only Direct has the package. HATE monopolies, and AT&T has been monopolizing the sports. Checked the streaming services for pricing and packages, and found the pricing to be close. Considering the streaming problems at most places for us full timers, I stuck with Direct and a portable dish.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123