User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Satellite tv

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Satellite tv

Thinking about changing home satellite service to Dish to get the RV setup as well.

Any comments for Dish as opposed to Direct TV? It seems that Dish is cheaper in the long run and now Dish provides sports access for both College and NFL games so don't think that is any issue any longer.

Look forward to responses.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had a Dish RV/outdoor account since we hit the road full-time six years ago. It has worked very well for us. We use a Wally (with hard drive for DVR capability) and a Winegard Pathway X2 antenna. We spend enough time in the east to make a roof-mounted antenna like the Winegard Trav'ler impractical due to trees. The MyDish app on a smart phone makes it super easy to change locals as we move about the country, too - don't have to call anyone any more! In addition to the MyDish app, I have a satellite finder app on the phone that makes it easy to "shoot through the trees" and find a clear path to the satellites.

I see you're relatively new to posting - welcome! You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Happy camping!

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SantaDuffyandMrsC View Post
    Thinking about changing home satellite service to Dish to get the RV setup as well.

Any comments for Dish as opposed to Direct TV? It seems that Dish is cheaper in the long run and now Dish provides sports access for both College and NFL games so don't think that is any issue any longer.

I too have Dish for satellite service & recommend the Pathway2 that has both eastern & western Arc. Makes it much easier to get service. Recommend having it portable instead of mounted on rv so you can move it to an open space as needed. I will say I have never been able to get 2 tv's to work at the same time & it has been a pita for 2 tv, but great for 1.
    Also nice you can turn off and save a couple bucks when you don't use it.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another recommendation for Dish from me.

Nice that they have an app so local stations can easily be obtained. Nice to cancel it when major travel is over.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had Dish in the stick house for many years. Sometimes we take the house receiver with us and sometimes we pay to get the smaller receiver connected. We have the RF Mogul ‘Eagle’ Automatic Satellite TV Antenna System on the roof. We are packing the King "Tailgater" just in case of trees.
    Does anyone use the Hopper (our house receiver) ?
    We will be going full time soon and hoping to upgrade to the new Hopper 3 receiver. I don't know if it's offered on the Dish to Go plan.
    KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    We have had Dish in the stick house for many years. Sometimes we take the house receiver with us and sometimes we pay to get the smaller receiver connected. We have the RF Mogul ‘Eagle’ Automatic Satellite TV Antenna System on the roof. We are packing the King "Tailgater" just in case of trees.
    Does anyone use the Hopper (our house receiver) ?
    We will be going full time soon and hoping to upgrade to the new Hopper 3 receiver. I don't know if it's offered on the Dish to Go plan.
    KEN
    I don't think it matters what your plan is - but it matters which receivers are compatible with which antennas. Even the Winegard Trav'ler is not compatible with the Hopper 3. Here's a PDF file with a table of what goes with what and which satellites can be received:

https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/18460...de%20DFMRV.pdf

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I don't think it matters what your plan is - but it matters which receivers are compatible with which antennas. Even the Winegard Trav'ler is not compatible with the Hopper 3. Here's a PDF file with a table of what goes with what and which satellites can be received:

https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/18460...de%20DFMRV.pdf

Rob
    Thanks Rob.
    It sounds like it's not worth the problems. I don't know if the RF Mogul has the update. I do know the RF Mogul will work with the Vip211 and the Hopper ( standard model) w/ sling. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the insights on Dish all, had the same question. Currently I'm streaming Hulu, Discovery+, Disney+ (last two are free as a result of Verizon) on Starlink, camp wifi and cellular...still wondering if Dish is the smarter approach.
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another happy Dish customer, we have the Trav’ler and 3 Wallies with the 1TB storage and also the internet thumb drive and it works great for us. Just in the process of having it transferred from our 2021 310GK-R to our new 2021 390RK-R so hopefully it continues to work great. Also if you have Dish at home it’s only like $5/mo for each receiver.
    Scott & Linda
    2022 390RK-R
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited DRW HO Cummins LB
    B&W Companion 3600 RVK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SantaDuffyandMrsC View Post

We’ve had better service from dish. Had tried both. Use a mobile outdoor dish from them when we move around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Al & Cyndi
    2022 Solitude 380FL-R
    2019 GMC Denali 3500 Duramax crew cab

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast