Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: RV Airflow

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=IBEW Sparky;395550

The next issue was that the actual framed opening was slightly above 3/4" larger than the actual styrofoam insert manufactured by Airflow. While I probably could have just put them in and used foil taped around everything I wanted a better seal and the ability to remove them easier if needed. I opted for adding nylon foam weather strip tape.

[/QUOTE]

That's the purpose of the plastic pcs from RV airflow. they are the same ones that come on the air conditioners but with with weather stripping on them to push them out and compress against the Styrofoam block. I don't see those in your pics, did the air conditioner not have them installed from the factory? I did my remaining 2 air conditioners this weekend and the OEM pcs could have been easily been repurposed with some 1/2" weather stripping from home depot.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    That's the purpose of the plastic pcs from RV airflow. they are the same ones that come on the air conditioners but with with weather stripping on them to push them out and compress against the Styrofoam block. I don't see those in your pics, did the air conditioner not have them installed from the factory? I did my remaining 2 air conditioners this weekend and the OEM pcs could have been easily been repurposed with some 1/2" weather stripping from home depot.
    No they weren't on the AC unit from the factory...they would serve no purpose they way they designed it. It dosen't come with them when you buy the piece directly from GD... but buying them from the factory those two little plastic pieces cost almost an additional $100 per AC unit! The weather stripping did a fantastic job of making an airtight transition from the rooftop AC air plenum to the racetrack ductwork. I still would have had to fix all of the butchered up factory tape job and air leaks...so instead of spending $200 for 4 plastic inserts with foam tape on them I spent $5 at Home Depot for 20' of 3/4"wide x 1/2" thick adhesive backed weather stripping.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    No they weren't on the AC unit from the factory...they would serve no purpose they way they designed it. It dosen't come with them when you buy the piece directly from GD... but buying them from the factory those two little plastic pieces cost almost an additional $100 per AC unit! The weather stripping did a fantastic job of making an airtight transition from the rooftop AC air plenum to the racetrack ductwork. I still would have had to fix all of the butchered up factory tape job and air leaks...so instead of spending $200 for 4 plastic inserts with foam tape on them I spent $5 at Home Depot for 20' of 3/4"wide x 1/2" thick adhesive backed weather stripping.
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    My opening was lined with and 1/8" "insulation" around the whole opening. Holes were cut into it and the plastic pcs directed the air into the ducts. Looks like they did the same job on yours with foil tape.

I had 2 units I ordered from RV airflow well before you could get them from GD direct. If I was ordering it today I would get them from GD with the large discount and just reuse the OEM inserts with the added weather-stripping or do the same thing you did.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cottonakin View Post
    15% Off RV Airflow Right Here!

http://rvairflow.refr.cc/barrya

Thanks!
    This discount still works. I ordered one today for our Dometic unit.
    Kent
    2017 Reflection 307MKS
    2019 F250 6.7 SB 4x4 B&W Companion slider
    GD 307MKS Dec. 2020, Jayco X17Z Hybrid 6 years, Jayco 308 Pop-up 18 years

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My brother bought 2 and he sent me the code. Mine seems to work ok, anything helps in triple digit heat. Gotta admit it's rather expensive for a big hunk of styrofoam.
    2021 22MLE Imagine

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just checked my 2022 23G. RV Airflow factory installed. Then I found the sheet explaining it in the paperwork (LOL).

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading this I had to go check my 2021 31MB build date 08/03/20. I purchased it used 3 weeks ago so have no idea how the AC works. Today is probably the last day till spring I could open up the slide, hovering around freezing last couple days and just started snowing while I was out having a look. What I found is yes I do have the RV airflow. However the factory air shower plate. Meaning it would not take full advantage of the unrestricted intake air. I removed the cover and took it out, OCD would not let me leave it till spring. I will take it apart next summer again and put some foam tape around the cover as it doesn't seal to the ceiling, and I will clean up the birds nest of wiring at that time to give even more space for air to flow! Pretty happy. Not sure if this was factory install or done by the previous owner, however I would recomend everyone check to see if that their plate is removed to get the full effect of the unit!
    Last edited by 03griz; 11-28-2022 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Found correct term
    2019 SRW Superduty 6.7 PSD
    2021 Grand Design Reflections 31MB

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 2022 315 RLTS with two GE AC units - one 15k and the second unit is 13k. This instruction sheet came in GD Owners Packet.

.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0408.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	47292

I understand this means the air vent on the 2nd ceiling unit should be closed, right. I am sure the second unit was factory installed. It has the GE digital thermostat just like the larger unit in the living room.

I do not know if it is a ducted unit. The big unit is definitely ducted.

Sorry about the image. I am still learning!
    Last edited by Txdabj1; 07-13-2023 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Pic

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Txjabj1

Here's your picture inverted & cropped. Before posting any picture on here open it up & flip it and crop it just a little bit and save it. Then when you post it it will be correctly oriented.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20230713_150830_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	47293[
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast