Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: RV Airflow

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    The one drawback is the efficiency improvement is increasing airflow out, but not in, so the return is a bit of a choking point. If you look at the RV Aiflow design, the address this issue with increasing more surface area to the return.
    In addition I added "RV Air" filters (different company) then made a third filter to what used to be the direct out vents on the A/C so it could be an additional intake that added even more airflow.
    2019 Imagine 3170BH
    2020 F-250 XLT 7.3 Gas
    Carleton, MI 48117

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I added two of them to my 369RL one week before we took a 2+ week long trip to Glacier, Yellowstone, Tetons. Made a huge difference in airflow and especially sound. Watching TV in the living area right below the rear AC wasn't nearly as bad after installing them.
    Now the down side....at the end of our trip we had an incident with a nasty RR crossing and caused quite a bit of damage to the back wall and suspension of the 369. We made it to a GD dealer in Billings and long story short we traded it in on a 2020 382WB. I have zero idea if the AC units in this coach have them installed already or not, haven't had time to open them up and look. But they are much quieter than the models in my 369

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewssteve View Post
    GD is now installing these on some of it's newer units. You can order from a GD dealer for around $55 each:

GD Part number 540164 : A/C RV AIR FLOW AIR DISTRIBUTION MODULE M3

https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/67934

-Steve
    Thanks Steve, I just ordered from PleasureLand, $57.50 + tax & shipping. You saved me some money.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewssteve View Post
    GD is now installing these on some of it's newer units. You can order from a GD dealer for around $55 each:

GD Part number 540164 : A/C RV AIR FLOW AIR DISTRIBUTION MODULE M3

https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/67934

-Steve
    It came installed on my living room AC, but not the bedroom. I prefer it that way, because when we boondock I can run the bedroom AC on dump quickly cool the bedroom then shut off the generator.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fmartinmn View Post
    Thanks Steve, I just ordered from PleasureLand, $57.50 + tax & shipping. You saved me some money.
    Holy cow that’s an amazing price - the two I ordered straight from RV Airflow were $170 each less 20% for being a GD owner. Youwza…..

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    It came installed on my living room AC, but not the bedroom. I prefer it that way, because when we boondock I can run the bedroom AC on dump quickly cool the bedroom then shut off the generator.
    Great idea….hadn’t thought of that. Bedroom unit in our new coach doesn’t bother me as bad as far as noise anyway. I like white noise when I sleep. Living room is a different story although better than our old 369.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    Just finished installing the RV Airflow system. Noticeable increase in air flow and decrease in noise.
    I installed one last year and it works great. It works so great that I'm afraid to install a second one for fear it will blow us out of the bedroom. The increase in airflow and decrease in noise is dramatic. The owner of RV Airflow told me that Grand Design is now including his devices in many new trailers. I suspect they're being blow molded by a third party under license.
    2020 303RLS MorRyde 4000
    2021 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW 4x4
    14,000 GVW Auto Leveling
    B&W Companion3600

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you know what model to order for your rv? I have a 2020 reflection 295rl with coleman compatible AC, I am just not sure how I can tell if its the 3/5/10 or the 8 that I should be ordering.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did about a month ago. Most of my communication was via text. Try texting this number. +1 (574) 536-4949 Don’t expect an immediate response but he always did respond.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, I will give that a try.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast