User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Site Sponsor JimChow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Fraser, MI
    Posts
    51
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Gracie is at the Rainbow Bridge

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gracie.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	36228

    Yesterday we had to let our faithful and loving Gracie go. We rescued her in 2009 when she was 2 years old. For 12 years she camped with us wherever we went. Sadly on our recent trip she lost her battle with Kidney disease. She was OK for the first 2 days then took a very bad turn. We left the camp ground early to get Gracie home to our vet. We will truly miss her as she was the most loving dog and best companion. She was able to make 3 of our 6 planned trips. Camping won't be the same for awhile.
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 08-21-2021 at 07:12 AM. Reason: turned picture
    Jim & Kathy
    Gracie, our 14 year old Rescued Beagle, waiting at the Rainbow Bridge with her big sister Bailey
    Suzy our 8 year old rescued Beagle
    2019 2500RL

  2. #2
    Seasoned Camper
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    123
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So sorry for your loss. She’s beautiful. Sweet girl.
    Home is where you park it!
    2021 Solitude 380FL
    2014 Silverado 3500HD LTZ DRW 6.6L Duramax Allison 6 Speed
    RVing since 1996; Full Time since 2018

  3. #3
    Site Sponsor
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    379
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dogs can't be with us our whole life, but we can be with them all of their lives.
    So sorry.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar

  4. #4
    Site Sponsor
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,152
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So sorry for your loss. We are right there with ya. We just lost our lab mix July 5th, Cody was 12 1/2.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Lancaster Pa
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Gracie

    Quote Originally Posted by JimChow View Post
    Yesterday we had to let our faithful and loving Gracie go. We rescued her in 2009 when she was 2 years old. For 12 years she camped with us wherever we went. Sadly on our recent trip she lost her battle with Kidney disease. She was OK for the first 2 days then took a very bad turn. We left the camp ground early to get Gracie home to our vet. We will truly miss her as she was the most loving dog and best companion. She was able to make 3 of our 6 planned trips. Camping won't be the same for awhile.
    Just read about Gracie, So very sorry to hear of your loss. Hats off to you for rescuing her 12 years ago . You gave her 12 very good, happy years. We lost our Jack Russell last year after 11 years and know exactly how you feel right now. It will get better for you. Again so sorry for you. Mike

  6. #6
    We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    In the Mitten !
    Posts
    8,336
    Blog Entries
    19
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm so sorry for your loss, wish there was something to say to take the pain away but unfortunately we all know it's something we have to work through.

    I fixed the picture for you, Gracie is now sitting upright.


    Red, sorry to hear about Cody. He will be missed for sure. Hows the little Aussie doing without Cody?
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 08-21-2021 at 07:18 AM.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/


  7. #7
    Seasoned Camper fmartinmn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Litchfield, MN
    Posts
    372
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimChow View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gracie.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	36228

    Yesterday we had to let our faithful and loving Gracie go. We rescued her in 2009 when she was 2 years old. For 12 years she camped with us wherever we went. Sadly on our recent trip she lost her battle with Kidney disease. She was OK for the first 2 days then took a very bad turn. We left the camp ground early to get Gracie home to our vet. We will truly miss her as she was the most loving dog and best companion. She was able to make 3 of our 6 planned trips. Camping won't be the same for awhile.
    So sorry, Jim & Kathy. We know what we go through every time we loose a best friend and can appreciate how you feel. We are on our 5th and 6th Goldens, 1 through 4 will never be forgotten. God's blessings, Frank.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

  8. #8
    Site Sponsor
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Verona, KY
    Posts
    585
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So sorry for your loss.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2024 F450 HO Diesel

  9. #9
    Site Sponsor
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,152
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    I'm so sorry for your loss, wish there was something to say to take the pain away but unfortunately we all know it's something we have to work through.

    I fixed the picture for you, Gracie is now sitting upright.




    Red, sorry to hear about Cody. He will be missed for sure. Hows the little Aussie doing without Cody?
    Sadie is starting to adjust.

    Thanks for asking.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

  10. #10
    Site Sponsor Skiddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Delta BC
    Posts
    662
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So sorry for your loss. You so improved her life by taking her in as a rescue and she improved your life through her devotion, trust and love. She will always have a special place in your heart and your fondest memories.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.