User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for the replies !!
    I took a picture of the F250 Lariat Payload Decal I drove at the dealership the other day. I did this just today bc I was near the Dealership So, this Lariat has the 3:31 rears , no Camper package, but has the Hight Tow Capacity and has the Panaromic Moon roof. The Payload sticker was 2702 lbs of payload. Now, RivercityJeff just received his F250 recently and informed me that he has 2850 of payload. (He also has Lariat CCSB 6.7) (I can certainly live with this number ! ) Obvisouly I will only know once I receive the Truck and see the decal. Only time will tell but again anything close to 3000 lbs I will be happy. If under 2700lbs I will be disappopinted,,, The below info makes me believe the ''Camper Package" may add some additional payload. If not it will certainly aid in the carrying capacity as one stated. And also agree that this will be added weight subtracted from the payload. The Wait Begins,,,
    I wil certainly post and update this thread when Truck arrives. They are telling me it could be three months or longer,,,

***What is included in the Ford F250 camper package***
    Because the camper package is offered with the vehicle for an additional fee, you will certainly want to know what you’re getting for your buck. With the most recent version of the Ford F250, the 2020 Ford F250, these are the add-ons offered in the Super Duty camper package:

**Rear stabilizer bar—often referred to as an “anti-roll/sway bar,” this feature makes the vehicle feel more secure and stable as you drive and prevents the tires from coming off of the ground. For instance, a heavy load in combination with the speed of your vehicle going around a sharp corner could cause the rear body of the vehicle and the tires to lose contact with the ground below if the sway bar isn’t present.
    **Rear auxiliary springs—rear auxiliary springs give the truck more support and allow it to carry more weight without the risk of blowing out or over exhausting the primary springs. These are more or less the backup springs, given they are also often referred to as helper springs, and allow the truck to ride more smoothly.
    Slide-in camper certification—this is recommended for all Ford trucks that plan on being used to haul a slide-in camper. A slide-in camper certification comes with the purchasing of a camper package with the Ford F250 and certifies that the truck is safe to use when carrying a slide-in camper.
    **Signature increased capacity front springs—this is something you will definitely want to have on any truck you plan on using to haul something of significant weight. Also known as heavy-duty coil springs or overload springs, increased capacity front springs take on the weight of whatever is being hauled and absorb it. Having your truck equipped with increased capacity front springs increases the load capacity.
    The camper package is available for purchase with all submodels of the Ford F250, including the Lariat, King Ranch, XL, XLT, and Platinum.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been towing a 13,995 lb reflection 337RLS for 4 years now. I’ve towed it with 3 Different F350 diesels, 2017, 2019 and 2020. I bought the 2017 off the lot. It had HD front suspension 5990 lbs. The 2019 and 2020 I special ordered purposely WITHOUT the HD front springs. The ride is noticeably better with standard front springs and doesn’t come near the front axle limits when towing the Reflection. I much prefer the standard front springs. If I were mounting a snow plow on the front then I would select HD front springs.

A camper package will increase the rear axle rating of a 250 to be similar to that of a 350. But remember, everything you add to the basic truck will decrease Payload. That’s because it will increase the factory weight of the truck and not affect the 10:800 GVWR. Payload is simply GVWR - Truck weight.

The big advantage of ordering a Camper option is you get increased rear axle rating, a rear sway bar that assists in reducing leaning when making turns with a high center of gravity slide in camper mounted in the bed, plus you get a piece of paper that certifies the truck for a slide in camper. It will not increase payload.

Saying all that I think you will be very happy with your order. It will be essentially the same suspension and axle capability of a 350 but without the additional 350 payload sticker limits.

I went with a 350 because my 13,995 lb reflection 337RLS has a pin night of 2900 lbs when loaded to travel. There was no increase in insurance cost of registration cost in Florida. Even with a lightweight Andersen 5th wheel hitch I’m right at my 3484 payload limit with the 2 of us, the dog, cargo, hitch and pin weight.
    Last edited by Jerryr; 08-21-2021 at 05:50 PM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thx for that info ! Curios as to what you are getting on flat land towing your rig ? Is 13.9k your loaded weight to travel ?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FedMill View Post
    Thx for that info ! Curios as to what you are getting on flat land towing your rig ? Is 13.9k your loaded weight to travel ?
    Towing in flat Florida @ 62 MPH I get between 11.5-12.5 depending on headwinds or not. In our 2017 and 2019 we were getting only 10 MPG towing. The 2020+ revised 6.7 and 10:speed trans gets 1-2 MPG better than the 2017 or 2019 we had.

We routinely drive a 120 mile trip between house and cabin (Bradenton to Ft Drum) and we get 23-24 MPG @ 62 MPH without trailer.
    Jerry & Linda
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Towing a Uhaul 5x12 trailer we also were getting same as the 5th wheel.
    Jerry & Linda

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to know, My travel trailer is a 2600RB, just shy of 30’ loa and weighs 7ksh loaded to travel. I’m looking forward to towing it with the diesel.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I just want to udate here a bit. Long story short I have changed my order to the F350 !! With that said, my salesman informed me that the 2022 now comes with the "HCTT'' as a standard option,,, Ok so now I know I will blow by that 3000 payload number, maybe around 3500. A friend who has the XL or Xlt just texted me and said his payload is 3680. I feel much better now but I still have another question ? I noticed that the Camper Package is still an option on the 2022 F350. Now that I stepped up to the F350 do I really need this package ? I know its a slide on certification but I thought the other suspension upgrades would be standard ? Im still searching however please chime in if you can !!
    Joe

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I just want to update here a bit. Long story short I have changed my order to the F350 !! With that said, my salesman informed me that the 2022 now comes with the "HCTT'' as a standard option,,, Ok so now I know I will blow by that 3000 payload number, maybe around 3500. A friend who has the XL or Xlt just texted me and said his payload is 3680. I feel much better now but I still have another question ? I noticed that the Camper Package is still an option on the 2022 F350. Now that I stepped up to the F350 do I really need this package ? I know its a slide on certification but I thought the other suspension upgrades would be standard ? Im still searching however please chime in if you can !!
    Joe
    A 350 6.7L CCSB with Ultimate package and most options except moon roof will have a payload of 3500 +- 50 lbs

You do NOT NEED camper package. I would not order one.

Like I stated I've been towing a 13,900 lb Reflection 337RLS 5th wheel with 3 different 350's, a 2017 a 2019 and a 2020. All are 6.7L CCSB and the payloads have been 3484, 3500 and 3523 lbs.

My 2017 had 6 speed trans and 3.55 rear axle and HD front suspension. HD suspension was required to get the 3.55 rear.
    My 2019 had 6 speed trans and 3.31 rear axle and Standard front suspension. Noticeable better ride.
    My 2020 had 10 speed trans and 3.31 rear axle and Standard front suspension

I much prefer the standard front springs over the HD front springs for ride both with and without a trailer.

With the 10 speed the 3..31 is a great combo. Great gas mileage not towing and ample torque to tow a heavy trailer.
    Jerry & Linda

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here’s a shot of my MPG yesterday not towing.

23.6 MPG with cruise set to 65 MPH. After 1 hour it was 23.9 MPG
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6E88D764-1E14-4489-96D6-835F1457A388.jpg  
    Jerry & Linda

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank You !!

To my surprise my insurance agent quoted that my insurance would be less with the F350,,, I said what ?? Then my salesman ran the numbers and the up charge to order F350 was only like less than 300 bucks. I said change the order. We are going over line item by line item tomorrow, but I feel better that I will get the added payload I will need. I also checked Dmv and the fee to register Commercial was minimal. (this with me towing 8k to 14.9k) That was a surprise to me also. (In a Great Way)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    A 350 6.7L CCSB with Ultimate package and most options except moon roof will have a payload of 3500 +- 50 lbs

You do NOT NEED camper package. I would not order one.

Like I stated I've been towing a 13,900 lb Reflection 337RLS 5th wheel with 3 different 350's, a 2017 a 2019 and a 2020. All are 6.7L CCSB and the payloads have been 3484, 3500 and 3523 lbs.

My 2017 had 6 speed trans and 3.55 rear axle and HD front suspension. HD suspension was required to get the 3.55 rear.
    My 2019 had 6 speed trans and 3.31 rear axle and Standard front suspension. Noticeable better ride.
    My 2020 had 10 speed trans and 3.31 rear axle and Standard front suspension

I much prefer the standard front springs over the HD front springs for ride both with and without a trailer.

With the 10 speed the 3..31 is a great combo. Great gas mileage not towing and ample torque to tow a heavy trailer.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast