User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FedMill View Post
    Well, I just want to udate here a bit. Long story short I have changed my order to the F350 !! With that said, my salesman informed me that the 2022 now comes with the "HCTT'' as a standard option,,, Ok so now I know I will blow by that 3000 payload number, maybe around 3500. A friend who has the XL or Xlt just texted me and said his payload is 3680. I feel much better now but I still have another question ? I noticed that the Camper Package is still an option on the 2022 F350. Now that I stepped up to the F350 do I really need this package ? I know its a slide on certification but I thought the other suspension upgrades would be standard ? Im still searching however please chime in if you can !!
    Joe
    If you aren’t going to have a camper in the truck:
    Camper package advantage: rear stabilizer bar on a srw truck.
    Camper package disadvantage: stiffer front springs thus stiffer ride.

A fifth wheel (and travel trailer for that matter) put all their weight at or behind the rear axle. So the extra front axle capacity doesn’t help. Heavy duty front springs are great for a camper (lots of weight forward of the axle) or someone who carries a lot of weight in the bed or bed + cab routinely.

On the F350, since it isn’t buying you the upgrades it would on a 250, I wouldn’t do it. Not sure I would on a 250. The sway bar can be added later (but most go without).
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    Here’s a shot of my MPG yesterday not towing.

23.6 MPG with cruise set to 65 MPH. After 1 hour it was 23.9 MPG

VERY GOOD ! Then cruising at 70 should be around 20 Mpg

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Florida tags for my 2020 F350 are $144/yr.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C6B3AF01-C6E9-4774-8569-2A28D716A22F.jpeg  
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Florida tags for my 2020 F350 are $144/yr.
    SPOT ON, she quoted me $140

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here’s my 2020 F350 window sticker. I didn’t order a moon roof because of extra weight, potential for leaks, track failures, and heat gain.

If I were to order again I would order everything the same except 2 modifications

1- Add rain sensing wipers option 60W
    2- not order the Rapid heat supplemental heater.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 7FF80F8C-7D8A-4093-B445-EF1D64B85C60.jpeg  
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here’s my 2020 F350 window sticker. I didn’t order a moon roof because of extra weight, potential for leaks, track failures, and heat gain.

If I were to order again I would order everything the same except 2 modifications

1- Add rain sensing wipers option 60W
    2- not order the Rapid heat supplemental heater.
    Well, I did order the rain sensing option and did not order the rapid heater. I am on the fence and may keep the Camper package on my order. From what I understand: One upgrade on the front spring, Antisway bar added and a overload on top of the five spring pack in rear that cant hurt when I am towing heavy. Am I missing something here ?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jerry,

Thanks for sharing your window sticker. I just actually took a deep dive at it and it looks like my order is very similiar. I went with the 3:55 Locking rear end, Camper Package, and retractable step. Thats the only thing that pops up other than Msrp is up a bit at
    $82,295 I am getting X-plan pricing. Some dealers did not want to come off a dime. I'm hoping their maybe be some rebates at delivery time and if I can get a ''Pco'' offer between now and when it comes in the pricing will be very good then,,,

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jerry,

What fifth wheel slider hitch are you using ? How much squat on the rear end when you hitch up to your rig ?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank You !!

To my surprise my insurance agent quoted that my insurance would be less with the F350,,, I said what ?? Then my salesman ran the numbers and the up charge to order F350 was only like less than 300 bucks. I said change the order. We are going over line item by line item tomorrow, but I feel better that I will get the added payload I will need. I also checked Dmv and the fee to register Commercial was minimal. (this with me towing 8k to 14.9k) That was a surprise to me also. (In a Great Way)

So glad that it's working out for you, I know I been there and I didn't like the feeling of being over, please post it when you get it.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jerry,

What fifth wheel slider hitch are you using ? How much squat on the rear end when you hitch up to your rig ?

I would guess until he chime in about 1" 1/2 to 2" with that kind of weight.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast