User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FedMill View Post
    Thanks for that review and what I was pretty much expecting,,, I figured 30k to 40k max out of those tires and because I will be using my F350 Commercially Ill be lucky prolly to get 35k out of them.

Have you or anyone tried the Cooper AT3 XLT All Terrains or the BFGoodrich KO2's ? I have read a lot of good reviews on these tires in all conditions,,, I have the Falken Wildpeak AT3 in 20 inch rims on my F150 and have been very satisfied with them so those will be in the mix also. Snow Country is not new at all to me as I grew up in New England and and I cut my teeth driving a Tractor Trailier at the ripe young age of 18 when I attained which is now Class A CDL. Been thru many a snow storms driving and although I have been down here in Florida the las thirty years I will be back driving up North and the Mid-west in snow so I will need to find a good all around All-Terrain Tire. The KO2's appear to be a Great Snow Tire and one that keeps coming to the top of my List !! Thanks Again !!
    I have heard good things on all three tires. The only nock I have heard on the KO2's is some will not stay in balance. My local tires shop has had multiple set on different rigs that they can not keep balanced. They feel the problem is worse on the heavier trucks and/or heavier loads.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I posted this in the tire section and thought I would ask here also ? You guys that are running the OEM Michelin All Terrain tires on your Trucks how do you like them ? I have had two sets of the non-all terrain Michelins in the past and other than cracking issues after a few years they were very good tires. Now that I will be using this truck for commercial use and most and going in snow country from time to time I am trying to get feedback from those with experience running these same tires.

My first thought, was changing them out when I get the truck to either BFG KO2 or the Falcon Wildpeak AT3W. (this is the tire I have on my F150 and love them)

I did however read a lot of reviews on tire rack and they were mixed. Their was one guy who is on his third set of them and swears by them. He has a Heavy Duty SRW truck and also lives in snow country. He said they perform well in the snow,,, ?
    Joe
    I've been watching this thread for a while and this tire post prompted me to chime in.....

I'm on my second set of the Michelin LTX AT2 tires. I like them. A buddy put some Defenders on his Chevy and they worked too. But I drive more gravel & dirt roads than him so I didn't want the Defenders. I don't think I could tell a difference between the 2 tires when riding my my truck or his. P.S.... I don't drive in the snow - I usually run from it.

About all the truck and suspension questions......

I just ordered a King Ranch F350 Long Bed. I needed the higher weight rating and now I will be able to stop using my 331 lb Demco slider. I don't want nor need the camper package nor the heavy front suspension package; I believe all they do is make for a harsher ride (I don't plan on using a truck camper nor a snow plow - where I live we don't have to shovel sunshine.... .

ONE MORE THING..... lots of folks think ordering the 11,500 lb GVWR option will increase their payload. It does the opposite - it limits the weight rating. Without it you should end up with the 12,400 GVWR 'option' on your sticker. Just check what the dealer prints out for you when you place your order.

oh.... my dealer told me the order I place a week ago might show up in February (and that doesn't include what delay I might run into having selected the Adaptive Steering).
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://trucktirereviews.com/best-ford-f350-tires/

,,,Interesting, noticed the 'LT Fitments" come with the three peak mountain for extreme weather.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

,,,Interesting, noticed the 'LT Fitments" come with the three peak mountain for extreme weather.
    What I forgot to add is if this is the OEM Tire I get with My F350 and 18 inch wheels, I will give them a good workout and hope they are more than satisfactory All Terrain Tires.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not know for certain about the tires Ford is currently using, but the 18" OEM (AT option) GY Wrangler All Terrain Adventure with Kevlar on my 2017 F350 did NOT have the 3 peak rating, while the after market tires did. There was also a slight difference in the tread pattern and noticeable difference in rubber hardness between OEM and after market. Things may have changed but if the 3 peak rating is important to you (it was to me), I would check out some actual FORD OEM tires (on truck in lots - if you can find any) and verify that they do now have the 3 peak symbol.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789