User Tag List

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FedMill View Post
    How much squat in the rear end are you guys experiencing with your Superduties as you hook up your heavy fifth wheel or travel trailers ? I do not want to add air bags however I plan on putting a max of about 2800 pounds of weight on the fifth wheel hitch. I am guessing the Superduties have about a 2/3 inch rake ?
    I thought squat was a little more than 1” BUT when I measured it, it actually was almost 3”. That’s with 2800-2900 lbs of pin weight loaded on a 2019 F350.

I haven’t measured it with my 2020. The 2020 is slightly lower in the back than the 2019 since they changed the blocks in 2020.
    Last edited by Jerryr; 08-30-2021 at 06:25 AM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jerry,
    Are you level or nose high when hooked up ?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These pictures are with my 2019, not the 2020. My 2019 was lemon Lawed and the 2020 that replaced it is optioned the same except it came with pro trailer backup assist. I don’t have pictures of the 2020 hooked up. Initially when I get into the truck it feels a little nose high but after a few minutes I don’t notice it. It handles perfectly the way it is.

It’s not enough that I would spend money on air bags.

The trailer is level with 8” of distance between bed rails and trailer overhangs. It’s recommended to have at least 7”.

The truck is a little nose high. What’s slightly annoying is the headlights at night when towing aim higher than I like but I don’t get flashed. I very rarely tow at night. The only time I towed at night was the 5 miles from home to storage lot before I moved the RV to our remote cabin property.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4AD437D6-4CA4-4F9D-8D50-85C9733D18C9.jpeg   0CCF8CD9-0810-4C5F-9E4E-608465C2324F.jpeg   A31AF353-3AF5-4AD8-BCAF-E4F26C48673E.jpg  
    Jerry & Linda
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats what I was hoping to hear !! I think and I could be wrong, but is Ford using a smaller Block in the rear of the F350 now ? It was a 4 inch block versus the F350 smaller block ?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just looked at the picture dates. The pix in the driveway is my 2019. The 2 pix parked in the street are with my previous 2017 with HD front springs and W/O roof clearance lights. . I’ve read that the HD front springs may raise the front end slightly.
    Jerry & Linda

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats what I was hoping to hear !! I think and I could be wrong, but is Ford using a smaller Block in the rear of the F350 now ? It was a 4 inch block versus the F350 smaller block ?

Yep, different blocks (smaller) on F350 starting in 2020. I think I read 1-1/2” smaller.
    Jerry & Linda

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CORRECTION ON UPCHARGE OF MY F-350 ORDER

After reviewing some emails and looking at my origal Price sheet for the F-250 then the F-350. The upcharge to go with the F-350 was exactly $715.00 That was still a small price to pay for my needs for how I will be using this Truck.
    Joe
    P.S. I just wish I had a delivery date,,,

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After reviewing some emails and looking at my origal Price sheet for the F-250 then the F-350. The upcharge to go with the F-350 was exactly $715.00 That was still a small price to pay for my needs for how I will be using this Truck.
    Joe
    Sounds like a great investment for that upgrade!

Best regards,
    Chris

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaChris View Post
    Sounds like a great investment for that upgrade!

Best regards,
    Chris
    Thanks I can not wait to take delivery!!! I’m truly hoping by November or December. I am a Priority 10 on my order sheet.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Late comments

I'm kind of late to this conversation but I thought I'd throw in with many of the rest. I went through much of the same research when I ordered my 2020 F350. As with the OP, I upped from an F250 to an F350. All of the data that I could find, and inspection of vehicles on the dealer's lot showed that at least in 2020 - there was NO difference between a fully trailerized F250 and an F350. Same: brakes, springs (front & rear) axles, tires, wheels, etc. EXACTLY the same. The only two differences were the badges on the fenders and the sticker in the door jamb. The upcharge on my order was only around $175 so it was an easy choice.

I did not opt for the camper package because as pointed out, it only added stiffer front springs, which I didn't need, and a rear sway-bar, which I can easily bolt-on if I decide I do need it.

The truck has the 3.31 rear and pulls our new Solitude 310GK-R with authority. Yes I could get more performance with a taller gear but fer cryin' out loud - 1050 lb-ft of diesel torque! If you aren't careful pulling away from a stop it will spin the tires - with the trailer on it. I still can't get over how much nicer towing the fifth-wheel is vs. the bumper hitch.

A couple of my favorite options on the truck (besides the diesel) are the adaptive cruise control and the extended running boards. Oh, and just about everything else about it.

I had the RV dealer install a Reese Goosebox on the Solitude before delivery, so I don't lose the truck bed to the fifth wheel mount. Very happy with this decision.

After 4 trips since the trailer showed up in late June, I am completely pleased with the combination truck/trailer, they are well matched.

Doubtless you are going nuts waiting for the truck, once you get the VIN from the dealer you can track it's progress - then you'll really start going crazy! Should be a fantastic rig, good luck!

Joe
    Dan & Connie

Current Rig: 2022 GD Solitude 310GK-R / 2020 F-350 PSD CC LB SRW
    Previous: 2007 Montana Mountaineer 32 PHD / 2011 F-250 CC LB SRW

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast