User Tag List

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluger View Post
    I'm kind of late to this conversation but I thought I'd throw in with many of the rest. I went through much of the same research when I ordered my 2020 F350. As with the OP, I upped from an F250 to an F350. All of the data that I could find, and inspection of vehicles on the dealer's lot showed that at least in 2020 - there was NO difference between a fully trailerized F250 and an F350. Same: brakes, springs (front & rear) axles, tires, wheels, etc. EXACTLY the same. The only two differences were the badges on the fenders and the sticker in the door jamb. The upcharge on my order was only around $175 so it was an easy choice.

I did not opt for the camper package because as pointed out, it only added stiffer front springs, which I didn't need, and a rear sway-bar, which I can easily bolt-on if I decide I do need it.

The truck has the 3.31 rear and pulls our new Solitude 310GK-R with authority. Yes I could get more performance with a taller gear but fer cryin' out loud - 1050 lb-ft of diesel torque! If you aren't careful pulling away from a stop it will spin the tires - with the trailer on it. I still can't get over how much nicer towing the fifth-wheel is vs. the bumper hitch.

A couple of my favorite options on the truck (besides the diesel) are the adaptive cruise control and the extended running boards. Oh, and just about everything else about it.

I had the RV dealer install a Reese Goosebox on the Solitude before delivery, so I don't lose the truck bed to the fifth wheel mount. Very happy with this decision.

After 4 trips since the trailer showed up in late June, I am completely pleased with the combination truck/trailer, they are well matched.

Doubtless you are going nuts waiting for the truck, once you get the VIN from the dealer you can track it's progress - then you'll really start going crazy! Should be a fantastic rig, good luck!
    Seem like that you have a pretty nice setup, do you have any pics, not to high jack this thread.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Seem like that you have a pretty nice setup, do you have any pics, not to high jack this thread.
    Curious of your Payload Number on Door Jamb ?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210621_170724a.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	36509

Love to share! The truck has about 3" of sag under load measured at the rear wheels. It handles great, but I will probably add airbags this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Dan & Connie

Current Rig: 2022 GD Solitude 310GK-R / 2020 F-350 PSD CC LB SRW
    Previous: 2007 Montana Mountaineer 32 PHD / 2011 F-250 CC LB SRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	20201016_193024 (2).jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	36511

With full fuel tank and my skinny butt in it the truck weighs 8,460 lbs. The camper with full freshwater tank came in at 13,440 lbs with 2,520 lbs of that on the ball. I've still got some room to spare on axle & cargo weights but with every trip we take the trailer seems to 'attract' more stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by FedMill View Post
    Curious of your Payload Number on Door Jamb ?
    Dan & Connie

Current Rig: 2022 GD Solitude 310GK-R / 2020 F-350 PSD CC LB SRW
    Previous: 2007 Montana Mountaineer 32 PHD / 2011 F-250 CC LB SRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluger View Post

Name:	20201016_193024 (2).jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	36511

With full fuel tank and my skinny butt in it the truck weighs 8,460 lbs. The camper with full freshwater tank came in at 13,440 lbs with 2,520 lbs of that on the ball. I've still got some room to spare on axle & cargo weights but with every trip we take the trailer seems to 'attract' more stuff!

When I first looked I was wondering how you got so much payload in a short bed, until I took a double take and saw you got the LB. Great Set-Up !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the dealer will give you the VIN, you might be able to get the payload before delivery
    Mark and Judy
    USN/USAF family (parents and kids)
    2021 F350 Lariat Crew 4x4 SRW 7.3 Godzilla
    2021 Imagine 2500RL w/Hensley Arrow hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mbergthold View Post
    If the dealer will give you the VIN, you might be able to get the payload before delivery
    My understanding is that I will not get the Vin number until/just before it goes into the buld phase. So if thats true, then I am sure I am several weeks/months away. I placed my order on August 20th and a few days later receivied confirmation from Ford via email that they received my build order. They will update me as things move forward. Optimistically, I dont see it being built before December but I hope I am wrong. It even could be the first of the year,,, I am also figuring around 3400 payload give or take and this is based on other folks here that have chinmed in with similiar Trucks as my order. MY 2019 F150 has been trouble free and served me well and I will get probably close to what I paid for it new. However, I am so looking forward to moving up to the SuperDuty !
    Cheers !

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still waiting on Truck. My Salesman called me the other day afer talking to his boss and said their were presently no commoditie issues at the plant. they have just not scheduled my truck to be built yet... Wtg Sux,,,

Anyway, You folks that are running the 275/70/18E OEM GoodYear Wrangler all Terrains with Kvlar how are you liking them ? I thought mine was going to come with the Michelin AT2's however, since I have the 18 Rims it appears I will get the GoodYears. How are they in overall perfomance ? Anyone have snow driving experience with them ? I have read Great reviews and not so Great on these Tires...
    Joe (FedMill)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FedMill View Post
    Still waiting on Truck. My Salesman called me the other day afer talking to his boss and said their were presently no commoditie issues at the plant. they have just not scheduled my truck to be built yet... Wtg Sux,,,

Anyway, You folks that are running the 275/70/18E OEM GoodYear Wrangler all Terrains with Kvlar how are you liking them ? I thought mine was going to come with the Michelin AT2's however, since I have the 18 Rims it appears I will get the GoodYears. How are they in overall perfomance ? Anyone have snow driving experience with them ? I have read Great reviews and not so Great on these Tires...
    Joe (FedMill)
    Those (Goodyears) were the stock tires on my 2017 F350. I live in Colorado. It does get cold and we tend to have dry snow and packed snow but little ice around here. I did not care for the tires. OK in the dry. So-so in the wet. Passable (not great) the first year in light snow (on plowed streets) and quickly degraded the second & third year. Rubber was very hard in cold (below 25F) weather and had little grip. Tread tended to load up in unpacked snow. I got 3-1/2 years/32k miles (13.5k towing) and they were down to the wear bars.

I replaced them with Goodyear Ultraterrain (Discount tire specific model) and have been very pleased with them. They are definitely softer and I only have 1 full winter on them. Do not know how they will hold up to towing. I have about 8k miles (3.5k towing) and looks like I will get (extrapolating) about 35k miles (same range as the OEM tires).

These are my observations for my driving/climate. As they say, your mileage may vary.
    Hope this helps

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 11-11-2021 at 09:05 PM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    Those (Goodyears) were the stock tires on my 2017 F350. I live in Colorado. It does get cold and we tend to have dry snow and packed snow but little ice around here. I did not care for the tires. OK in the dry. So-so in the wet. Passable (not great) the first year in light snow (on plowed streets) and quickly degraded the second & third year. Rubber was very hard in cold (below 25F) weather and had little grip. Tread tended to load up in unpacked snow. I got 3-1/2 years/32k miles (13.5k towing) and they were down to the wear bars.

I replaced them with Goodyear Ultraterrain (Discount tire specific model) and have been very pleased with them. They are definitely softer and I only have 1 full winter on them. Do not know how they will hold up to towing. I have about 8k miles (3.5k towing) and looks like I will get (extrapolating) about 35k miles (same range as the OEM tires).

These are my observations for my driving/climate. As they say, your mileage may vary.
    Hope this helps

Chris
    Thanks for that review and what I was pretty much expecting,,, I figured 30k to 40k max out of those tires and because I will be using my F350 Commercially Ill be lucky prolly to get 35k out of them.

Have you or anyone tried the Cooper AT3 XLT All Terrains or the BFGoodrich KO2's ? I have read a lot of good reviews on these tires in all conditions,,, I have the Falken Wildpeak AT3 in 20 inch rims on my F150 and have been very satisfied with them so those will be in the mix also. Snow Country is not new at all to me as I grew up in New England and and I cut my teeth driving a Tractor Trailier at the ripe young age of 18 when I attained which is now Class A CDL. Been thru many a snow storms driving and although I have been down here in Florida the las thirty years I will be back driving up North and the Mid-west in snow so I will need to find a good all around All-Terrain Tire. The KO2's appear to be a Great Snow Tire and one that keeps coming to the top of my List !! Thanks Again !!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast