User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes what you say �� is true. I can fix a lot myself, however, that's not the point. This much money �� should warrant better quality or at least some.
    Theses issues, albeit small, after awhile paint a picture that's consistent with poor quality control.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My GD Imagine had speakers not connected, dinette chairs coming apart and a few other minor issues. The Grand Daddy was hot water flushing the potty. Steamed poo on a cold day stinks. Simple fix for them, caused by less than diligent assembly and absolutely no QC process at the factory. Similar to anything you buy from this industry.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesT View Post
    My wife and I just bought a 2021 Grand Design Reflection 315 rlts.
    Our first real trip we discovered:
    Refrigerator opens during travel
    Molding around theater seats fell off
    Bedroom slide gouged floor
    Wall electric plugs fell out in bedroom
    Black water valve wont close all the way
    Shower shell is loose at bottom
    Missing screws on outsideskirting
    Someone please tell me this as not a picture of things to come ???
    Sorry to say but I think it's the new norm. We have that and more, including the roof membrane peeling off from the front cap while driving. Our 2020 solitude has been in shop now for 7 months waiting to get fixed.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest I have had mine across the country and back twice and I have really had no issues at all. But that being said, every time you take it out on the road it is like putting through a major earthquake. I really am amazed how well mine has held up. Some of the roads in this country, including interstates, are in terrible shape. But use your warranty while you can and get all these things taken care of. Hopefully you can eliminate some further issues.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would take it back!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been a bit lucky. On my 2nd GD. First had plumbing lines not fully connected in dock (water all over in storage) and p-trap for shower and a cold water crimp in belly to bath not completed proper.

Current RV - blew gas spring on outdoor kitchen door, the common strike plate issue on main door, and a drawer adjustment in MBR.

Losing screws on window valences and thin balsam wood trim (held on by thin staples) falling off... normal. These are a rolling Earthquake. I-90 was horrible in NE, and as soon as you enter NY, it was bumpy, cratered... unpleasant is mildly putting it.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes 👍, highway 90 is terrible and expensive to travel on.

currently we are on our way to Salome AZ.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesT View Post
    My wife and I just bought a 2021 Grand Design Reflection 315 rlts.
    Our first real trip we discovered:
    Refrigerator opens during travel
    Molding around theater seats fell off
    Bedroom slide gouged floor
    Wall electric plugs fell out in bedroom
    Black water valve wont close all the way
    Shower shell is loose at bottom
    Missing screws on outsideskirting
    Someone please tell me this as not a picture of things to come ???
    I purchased my 3rd new RV a year ago, the first one had a few things that we did warranty on, a leak in the shower and a cabinet door was off color and that was it for 6 years. The second one was the RV from hell, when we did the walk around they had it staged so we couldn't see all the issues like all 3 slides were off track and there were screws poking thru the flooring and the shower leaked and the awning lights went out and the fridge needed replacing and the black water flush you hook your hose up to melted because it was located right above the hot water heater vent. when we got it home that first night I called them back about the slides off track and they told me it was normal for them to act like that, I took it back the next day and made them send it back to the manufacturer and for the 6 years I had it it was always in the shop 7 months one time 5 another never ever getting it right. my 3rd one I spent more time researching the manufacturer then the RV itself. this is what I have found to be my truth:

1) there will always be issues
    2) there will always be breaking, broke, missing parts even though they were fine yesterday.
    3) every rig is different and what worked before does not mean that it will work again.
    4) Yup it's going to cost you more money then you thought.
    5) if you are not handy, get that way, your fixes will be better than a tech that don't care.
    6) roses do not grow everywhere, and if you do see some they belong to somebody else.
    7) trim falls down, get a staple gun
    8) watch YouTube videos on how to fix that, probably easier than you would think.
    9) "what was I thinking?" you will say that a lot.
    10) your wife/hubby will say "I told you so" (reference #9 )
    11) they don't take out of state checks, and don't do those credit cards either that 3% would drive them out of business so cash would be nice, and sorry but
    there's not an ATM in town (yes this has happened)
    12) you will never stop fixing your RV

now that we have all that out of the way, I really enjoy my travels around our great country and just fix all my own stuff if possible, if not I call Grand Design they have sent me parts on the road a couple of times now, try a Rally they fix all kinds of small things there for free. Good luck be safe and have a good time The RV lifestyle is not for everybody much like boating its fun till you own one and it gets expensive.
    Mike and Renee with Gracie our Golden Retriever on a full time journey exploring our great Country
    2021 Momentum 395m with Factory installed 8k axles with disc brakes and solar package, 4976# CCC
    2015 F350 CC LB DRW. Firestone #5000 air bags with Air One remote control and Bilstein shocks
    25k B&W Companion on factory 5th wheel mounts

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah yep���� rv ownership is like owning a 69 vw. Better be at least a backyard mechanic.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all, very sorry for all your troubles. This is supposed to be a exciting and fun experience, not at all what you are going thru.
    To answer your question truthfully, this is not normal, or at least was not normal. GD built a good name early on with a great product.
    Now things are different. In this crazy economy, I guess thats how it is. Hopefully you have a good dealer that can fix these things and
    then you can enjoy you unit. I would make friends with whoever is doing the work on your rv and buy the service guys lunch, hand some
    cash to the actual guy doing the work and thank him ahead of time for taking good care of you. Its amazing what a little appreciation can
    get done for you. I wish you the best.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast