User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2021 315 and to date have gotten off pretty easy (knock on wood)
    Norcold did have a door pop open during travel but no harm other than a few items landed on the floor. We think we may not have latched it properly since it only happened once.
    I have a piece of wide black aluminum trim like a skirt at the bottom near the frame rails that goes around the entire rig that has three pop-rivets that continue to come loose. The trim overlaps towards the front of the rig on the drivers side and apparently flexes enough that the rivets come out. I used longer aluminum rivets with a small flat washer on the inside and so far so good.
    We had a weird plumbing issue preventing us from getting hot water that I’m not sure was left from GD during a pressure test or perhaps the dealer did it as a winterizing technique? Still a head scratcher but one identified and corrected all is well now.
    I feel fortunate that our list has been minor compared to other horror stories I have read here and on other sites. I still believe GD is better than the other guys but their customer service on the couple of occasions I have reached out to them didnt live up to the hype I had heard so much about.
    2021 Reflection 315RLTS
    2020 Ram Cummins Mega Cab 4X4

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What some may say is a recent phenomenon due to pandemic conditions isn't true, it was this way before it's just the fanboys have left, are staying on the sidelines or got tired of circling the wagons each time an owner vents.
    I have a fifth wheel built in January of 2019, clearly pre-pandemic. It has had over 40 items that were build issues or premature failures within the first year. My rig sat a total of 18 weeks in dealers lots waiting for parts or repairs because these were things I couldn't do myself. That was pre-pandemic I would hate to think of what it would be now. There has been much more that I fix or swap out as I go. Also it seems there is a black cloud over this rig because I have yet to make a trip out without something breaking or failing. Oh yea...I'll add Grand Design factory QC is a joke and really non-existent. The fact the QC inspector failed to initial the inspection tag on my trailer verifies that.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesT View Post
    My wife and I just bought a 2021 Grand Design Reflection 315 rlts.
    Our first real trip we discovered:
    Refrigerator opens during travel This is typical. They make after market door locks.

Molding around theater seats fell off. ALL RV manufacturers use staple guns for construction of interiors. When trim falls off, we staple it back in place with a touch of Gorilla Glue

Bedroom slide gouged floor Candidate for warranty as I don't know how to DIY to resolve this issue

Wall electric plugs fell out in bedroom. Easy fix or warranty repair item

Black water valve wont close all the way Are you sure? The Black water pipe is extra long and it generates leakage while you travel...., you could use on 2nd valve at the end of your pipe like a Valterra T50 3" Hub x 3" Bay with Cap Valve Assembly.

Shower shell is loose at bottom

Missing screws on outside skirting I had a couple fall out. Are these screws or rivets?

Someone please tell me this as not a picture of things to come ???
    Every RV has issues once leaving the factory. Some are big issues, some are small. Welcome to the RV world!
    Comments above in bold.
    Last edited by Sportsdad60; 09-28-2021 at 05:21 PM.
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    What some may say is a recent phenomenon due to pandemic conditions isn't true, it was this way before it's just the fanboys have left, are staying on the sidelines or got tired of circling the wagons each time an owner vents.
    I have a fifth wheel built in January of 2019, clearly pre-pandemic. It has had over 40 items that were build issues or premature failures within the first year. My rig sat a total of 18 weeks in dealers lots waiting for parts or repairs because these were things I couldn't do myself. That was pre-pandemic I would hate to think of what it would be now. There has been much more that I fix or swap out as I go. Also it seems there is a black cloud over this rig because I have yet to make a trip out without something breaking or failing. Oh yea...I'll add Grand Design factory QC is a joke and really non-existent. The fact the QC inspector failed to initial the inspection tag on my trailer verifies that.

I sit on the other side of this QC fence.
    The only issues we've had to date on our 2021 build is:

Kitchen Island has excessive movement. GD covered this under warranty to be fixed.
    One blind was too short to pull down. GD covered this under warranty to be replaced.

Other:
    The Maxx Air vent above the kitchen was making an aweful noise. I tightened the screws holding it in place and it works great now.
    The heat on the fireplaced worked during walk thru delivery, but not when we returned to our winter Campsite in TX.
    I shut everything off with fuse box, fired it back up and fireplace heater worked.
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I've been very lucky. We purchased our 2019 315RLTS in October 2018 and have not had any issues whatsoever.
    2019 Reflection 315RLTS
    2019 Ford F250 Lariat SuperCab PSD SRW

Former set up:
    2013 Kodiak 291RESL
    2017 Ford F150 Platinum

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    Simply not true. Its unfortunate you have had so many problems, but yours was built right in the middle of the boom times.
    Before GD was bought by Jayco and the boom started, there was a big QC difference.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrhavasu View Post
    Simply not true. Its unfortunate you have had so many problems, but yours was built right in the middle of the boom times.
    Before GD was bought by Jayco and the boom started, there was a big QC difference.

Grand Design was bought by Jayco??? I’ll bet that comes as a surprise to Winnebago.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2021 260 RD...Only one problem...rear dinette table post was junk. Wiggled and insecure. Replaced with aftermarket post and now is excellent. My ONLY gripe. Now camper is fully functional.
    2021 GD 260RD
    2012 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7L

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    Grand Design was bought by Jayco??? I’ll bet that comes as a surprise to Winnebago.
    Oops, sorry. Yup, Winnie. Thanks for setting me straight.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had our Reflection 31MB for about 9 months and so far have had maybe half a dozen small problems, most of them I fixed myself rather than going through the hassle of taking it to the dealer. The only visit to my dealer is when we smelled propane and discovered that the control valve was leaking bad when we started out on a weekend trip. My dealer had the part and replaced it while we waited on a Friday morning, they were great.
    I think you can expect some problems when buying a new trailer. They ALL have some kind of issues, you can only hope that none of them are serious. GD is no exception. These things are put together with lightweight cheap materials and are thrown together in a couple days.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast