User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trailer Brake

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    I adjusted the camper brakes. All 4 wheels were loose when I started. I adjusted until just a slight drag. Took camper around the block. At a setting of 10 on brake controller I might feel a slight resistance when using the hand brake. But, I would expect much more. When stopping with my truck brake, I show 2 to 3 bars of output which seems normal. Does the Imagine 2600RB have self adjusting brakes?
    Are you aware of the brake controller settings in your dash screen? If you scroll to trailer info > settings> output. You will see there is a choice for low / medium / high. You may be on the low setting with the trailer brakes not seeing enough output. This is well described in your owner's manual.
    In my case a few bars with a light foot on the pedal is enough to feel the trailer slow. However you should be seeing the graph climb with more pressure.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 08-28-2021 at 03:35 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys where I bought our 2021 in February were nice enough to assist jacking up each wheel and testing each brake. Wheel spun, no excessive drag, applied brake and couldn't turn wheel by hand. Rolling out, applied trailer brake manually and stopped rig. Everything felt great on 1000 mile trip.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will go thru the procedure to adjust the camper brakes tonight to see if this corrects the problem. Thanks for all of your inputs.
    Do the brakes automatically adjust when backing up? Thanks
    JessJoe - Eastern PA
    2019 Reflection 29RS - Reese GooseBox
    2017 Ram 2500 6.7L 4x4 SRW SB

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jleonard View Post
    I understand a break in period, but to start off with none is unsafe.
    My 2021 had great brakes right off the lot at 6.5. The 2022 had nothing at 10.
    Ours slowed the truck from the first tow. They never locked up as we moved the gain to 10. From everything I’ve read, they should at some point lock up and then you back the gain down a bit.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We traded in our old camper trailer for a 2022 Imagine 2600RB, So far we really like the layout. But, I have a brake controller question. As we pulled out of our driveway with our old camper, I applied the F150 brake controller by hand to make sure we had camper brakes, and indeed we did. I must admit, I did not think about checking the brakes with the new camper. But when stopped for lunch I remembered. So, as we left the parking lot, I applied the brake controller, but nothing happened. I increased the grain all the way to 10. But, again no braking of the camper. I got out and stood next to camper as my wife applied the brake and I could here the clicking sound of the magnets, so I know the "hookup" is ok, just no braking power. Is there a break in period before I see any braking? Anything I should be doing being this is a new camper? I read about applying the brake controller at 40mph with new campers to set the brake pad. Does this make sense? Any suggestions are appreciated and thank you for this forum.

Lucius
    Do not let anyone tell you to test your brake controller at 40mph. If your brakes choose that time to work well with your controller you will not like the results, think of your truck doing forty and your trailer coming to a dead stop. All kinds of bad things can happen. A new rv owner posted on the forum about testing his brake controller at 60 mph and said they only thing that kept his trailer to the truck was the safety chains.
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I Does the Imagine 2600RB have self adjusting brakes?
    Yes they are self adjusting. I inspected one of mine today and made 2 clicks on the star wheel and the brakes just started to hit the drum as it was rotated. Everything else looked good inside.
    At this point I am "assuming" that the brakes did some self adjusting on my trip home from the dealer. I have to take the trailer about 1 mile down the road to have metal stems installed and everything balanced. When they jack it up I'll get them to help me test the brakes.
    I'll also make sure the truck is at the correct setting. I think it is but I'll double check.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another reason to go with hydraulic disc!
    Mark and Judy
    2021 F350 Lariat Crew 4x4 SRW 7.3 Godzilla
    2021 Imagine 2500RL w/Hensley Arrow hitch
    Fleet Manager, Cowlitz County WA Search & Rescue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder what the cost would be if GD had disc brakes as an option?

If it was in the $2K range I'd sure consider it.

Dave
    2022 Imagine 2670MK - ProPride - TV Ram 1500
    2018 Isata-3 24FW - Toad 2019 Wrangler 2.0 Turbo
    2015 Tiffin Allegro 36LA - Toad 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
    2011 Spree 323RLS, 2007 Zeppelin 281- TV Armada

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brand new 2600RB. Found out I had no brake pads left on either rear tire (front tire brakes were ok). Had broken springs and a chunk out of the magnet. Must have been this way when I first drove off lot as I felt no resistance using the brake controller. When I drove back to dealer, service told me my truck settings were not correct. They never pulled tires to look at brake. Had my local RV mechanic find the problem and fix. Now neither GD or dealer will pay for parts and labor as each says i can't prove they are responsible.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brand new 2600RB. Found out I had no brake pads left on either rear tire (front tire brakes were ok). Had broken springs and a chunk out of the magnet. Must have been this way when I first drove off lot as I felt no resistance using the brake controller. When I drove back to dealer, service told me my truck settings were not correct. They never pulled tires to look at brake. Had my local RV mechanic find the problem and fix. Now neither GD or dealer will pay for parts and labor as each says i can't prove they are responsible.
    How brand new? A month old and I'd take the dealer to small claims court
    2021 Imagine 2600RB + 2022 Duramax Tahoe RST (previous 2017 MBZ GLS450 burnt to the ground, resulting in destroyed garage and house contents a total loss due to smoke damage)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast