Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    $2733 for the Goosebox
    $139 labor to install

Still waiting on quote from a 2nd RV dealer.
    oh wow. My bad. I must have searched on the wrong thing.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    oh wow. My bad. I must have searched on the wrong thing.
    Nope, you were right. As low as $1350 from Etrailer.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go Andersen https://andersenhitches.com/ and never look back, best for over 14k miles towed.

35 lbs to lift...my wife take it out when she shops big.

I had to correct my mileage, the Andersen has lasted well over 14k miles of towing 16k lbs, I won't ever get one of those traditional hitches.
    Last edited by MommasBoy; 08-24-2021 at 12:39 AM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May also want to look at the Pullrite Superlite hitch - I have over 15k on my Reflection with no issues. Re-torque not necessary.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You dont need the 20k Goosebox on the 310 if you want to save a few bucks. No way Id pay them twice the price plus install labor. The install is pretty simple especially on the gen II GB. All you need is a friend and a torque wrench.
    Bought mine on Amazon, and 2 thumbs up on the Goosebox, 20K miles on mine, best choice IMO. Excellent CS also.
    Hooe you have a dually though, 310 with gen and washer will be over any SRW.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are concerned about removing a heavy 5th wheel hitch from the truck bed it isn't that bad with the proper technique. Leave the trailer hitched to the truck, pull the 4 pins and lift out the hitch by raising the front of the 5er. The hitch will remain attached to the king pin. This way there is no back breaking lifting involved. Good luck.
    test

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've been really happy with our Andersen.

Pros:
    Quiet, clean, not very sensitive to hook-up angle.

Cons:
    We need to use the Andersen Trailer Blocks to make sure we can lift the rig on/off the ball.
    We need to remove the kingpin adapter when dropping off our rig for servicing. Some dealerships can damage the adapter with their rig moving gear and don't want the liability.
    We needed to add the Andersen safety chain for a recent trip to California.
    With a standard bed pickup, you really need to learn the turning limits to avoid contacting the back of the truck's cab with the fiver. I'm using a B&W hitch with their 4" offset ball to add just a little more clearance. For almost all truck beds, you'll need to mount the adapter behind the kingpin or you'll risk damaging the truck bed rails.

We have roughly 8,000 towing miles with our Andersen and I'm not looking to change.

Best regards,
    Chris
    2020 Solitude 310GK FBP
    2019 Ford F350 SRW CCSB AUH
    Former Rig - 2013 North Trail FBS22
    2013 Expedition EL

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you leave the hitch suspended from the hitch? I have to say I’ve never seen the hitch hanging from the trailer in any RV park I’ve been to. With my Andersen I just loosen 3 bolds and lift it off! Couldn’t be easier! I had a Blue Ox hitch before the Andersen and when I sold it I about got a hernia taking it off!
    Quote Originally Posted by KLR650goldwing View Post
    If you are concerned about removing a heavy 5th wheel hitch from the truck bed it isn't that bad with the proper technique. Leave the trailer hitched to the truck, pull the 4 pins and lift out the hitch by raising the front of the 5er. The hitch will remain attached to the king pin. This way there is no back breaking lifting involved. Good luck.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaChris View Post
    We've been really happy with our Andersen.

Pros:
    Quiet, clean, not very sensitive to hook-up angle.

Cons:
    We need to use the Andersen Trailer Blocks to make sure we can lift the rig on/off the ball.
    We need to remove the kingpin adapter when dropping off our rig for servicing. Some dealerships can damage the adapter with their rig moving gear and don't want the liability.
    We needed to add the Andersen safety chain for a recent trip to California.
    With a standard bed pickup, you really need to learn the turning limits to avoid contacting the back of the truck's cab with the fiver. I'm using a B&W hitch with their 4" offset ball to add just a little more clearance. For almost all truck beds, you'll need to mount the adapter behind the kingpin or you'll risk damaging the truck bed rails.

We have roughly 8,000 towing miles with our Andersen and I'm not looking to change.

Best regards,
    Chris
    I have a 6’ 4”:RAM box. I’ve gotten very close to 90 degrees with that box and the Andersen and I’m still 4” “ from the cab. Also if the dealer can’t move the Andersen with their fork lift, how do they move conventional trailers? Never had an issue at the couple dealers I’ve used. I do use a couple “Lego” blocks under my Snap Pad on the front. No big deal! I love mymAndersen for ease of hitching, ease of removal, and it is very smooth and solid feeling.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast