User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Decisions, decisions

Close to a 310GK-R order (looking at one next week) and now looking at the myriad of posts and videos on hitches. I've kind of eliminated a standard 5th wheel - just too old and sore to even think about removing it from the bed. That said, looking at the AUH and Reese Goosebox. I was really leaning to the AUH because of the light weight. 310 will have a factory generator and washer/dryer right up front plus some other options so pin weight will be a bit higher - one reason the AUH seemed more attractive. But I do like the convenience of having only the ball in the bed.

Dealer is quoting almost $3K for a Goosebox plus install for labor and I'm sure they will want it purchased there. No quote for AUH because they don't install many, if any, but it's something I'm comfortable I can manage installing and removing.

I've seen mostly good reports on both with some saying the AUH hitching process might involve a few extra contortions to connect everything but that didn't make sense to me.

Opinions welcome!
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The AUH does require that you retorque the 3 nuts after hooking up. I have to get into the truck bed to do this.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. $3,000 to put in the Reese Goosebox!!!! I think it only costs about $1,300 or so. So what is the other $2,700 for?

I'd borrow a friends 5th wheel then just install the gooesbox myself at home.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went with a Goosebox on our Reflection. The dealer was only 10 miles from our house and brought it there after our PDI at no charge. I installed the Goosebox myself in the driveway. The hardest part is getting it in the truck bed, which was easy when I had a buddy help. I used the truck to hold the Goosebox in place with some blocking to keep it up, then i used the trailer leveling gear to lower the trailer onto the Goosebox to install the hardware. Well worth doing it yourself if it's an option.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    The AUH does require that you retorque the 3 nuts after hooking up. I have to get into the truck bed to do this.
    Do you have the rubber pad or carpet under? Looking at the YT videos (and I don't rely on them totally), didn't seem to be necessary for a spray in bed liner? Then again, that was YT videos some of which were truly bad. But even the Andersen Install video doesn't require a re-torque though again, he's installing it into a bed with a spray in bed liner.
    Robin & John
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Wow. $3,000 to put in the Reese Goosebox!!!! I think it only costs about $1,300 or so. So what is the other $2,700 for?

I'd borrow a friends 5th wheel then just install the gooesbox myself at home.
    $2733 for the Goosebox
    $139 labor to install

Still waiting on quote from a 2nd RV dealer.
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    $2733 for the Goosebox
    $139 labor to install

Still waiting on quote from a 2nd RV dealer.
    Pretty decent price, actually.

Tweetys.com has the 20k Goosebox for over $3k alone..... https://tweetys.com/reese-94720-goos...pert-1621.aspx
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Pretty decent price, actually.

Tweetys.com has the 20k Goosebox for over $3k alone..... https://tweetys.com/reese-94720-goos...pert-1621.aspx
    94720 $1499 on Amazon allegedly in stock though Reese has none. $1396 at Etrailer in stock. Big difference in price.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    94720 $1499 on Amazon allegedly in stock though Reese has none. $1396 at Etrailer in stock. Big difference in price.
    That's very surprising....Tweety's is my go to for real world pricing.

I've even ordered my 5th wheel hitch from them.

I would be wary of the Amazon one, it says sold and shipped by "Spreetail". Never heard of them.
    Last edited by huntr70; 08-23-2021 at 08:39 AM.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Close to a 310GK-R order (looking at one next week) and now looking at the myriad of posts and videos on hitches. I've kind of eliminated a standard 5th wheel - just too old and sore to even think about removing it from the bed. That said, looking at the AUH and Reese Goosebox. I was really leaning to the AUH because of the light weight. 310 will have a factory generator and washer/dryer right up front plus some other options so pin weight will be a bit higher - one reason the AUH seemed more attractive. But I do like the convenience of having only the ball in the bed.

Dealer is quoting almost $3K for a Goosebox plus install for labor and I'm sure they will want it purchased there. No quote for AUH because they don't install many, if any, but it's something I'm comfortable I can manage installing and removing.

I've seen mostly good reports on both with some saying the AUH hitching process might involve a few extra contortions to connect everything but that didn't make sense to me.

Opinions welcome!
    Gen Y executive torsion Flex - no air bag -

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast