User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possible explanation for some issues on delivery?

On another forum, someone noted one of the drivers that delivers from manufacturers to dealers driving at an excessive speed with an RV in tow. Others chimed in that they have seen similar things like going so fast that all 4 rear tires left the ground after a bump.

It makes me wonder if the choice of delivery driver makes a difference in if the unit arrives with issues or not?
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RamGunner -- I also saw that post (wow, 85mph!!!). I would think that the delivery beating would make a difference. I know that our unit had a dent in the right rear near the bumper. Fortunately, our dealer's PDI found little niggles to take care of before we even saw the unit. We know this since they gave us that sheet. The only thing that wasn't resolved was 'door screwed shut looks wierd' -- that is the water heater door in the 303 kitchen.

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know that when I spoke to Bill, he told me they'd love to make a perfect unit, and they do their best. But they have to deal with issues from suppliers, and then factor in delivery guys like the ones mentioned above...

I'd love to see a set of comparison photos of the unit after their final factory PDI, and then on arrival at the dealer. It might be interesting. I get the feeling that a lot of things might be traced to delivery guys "driving it like the stole it".

I'd really love to be able to go pick our up myself, but I don't have the time off from work to do so even if it were permissible. Have to keep some leave hours available for when the baby comes.
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just remember, that most of these drivers are paid by the mile. The faster they go, the quicker they make their cash and move on to the next rig.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Elkhart IN to my house = 2,258 miles. I can't imagine what a trailer goes thru in that distance when the tower is in a hurry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Just remember, that most of these drivers are paid by the mile. The faster they go, the quicker they make their cash and move on to the next rig.
    That's fine. They took the job, which would entail - presumably - delivering the unit whole and undamaged. If they have issues with that, they might want to find other cargo to haul. I'm sure there are drivers that take pride in doing the job the right way out there.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Our trailer was reportedly stolen en route! Luckily there was another, actually with a couple of upgrades we did not have to pay for like the 12 cu ft refrigerator!, that could be delivered in 2 extra days so all was good.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2hams View Post
    The only thing that wasn't resolved was 'door screwed shut looks wierd' -- that is the water heater door in the 303 kitchen.
    This screwed shut door bothered us on our PDI . . . seemed like a last minute fix for some production oversight. I had a plan to open this up . . . until we moved aboard. We can't fill up all the cabinets that do open ! Opening up this door has moved way down the priority list !

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have only grabbed that handle once so far, it still doesn't open.
    The mountains are calling and I must go" John Muir

Chuck
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS
    2005 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    Elk Grove, Ca

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...psotab2qdx.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in Calif. up on Donner Summit just off Interstate 80. East 40 miles to Reno and west 70 miles to Sacramento. All year long I pass trucks, mostly Dodge DRW towing every kind of trailer you can imagine from Indiana. Even on the long down hill heading west from the summit I never see any of them going over 65....most are right at 60. Same down into the Bay Area....... just my observation from here. Having said that.....there are always some bad apples........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast