User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Momentum 320G - 3 Season Doors - Dog Door

Has anyone come across how to put a modification on the 3 season Doors to allow a type of doggy door so the dogs can come in and out of the garage area onto the patio deck? Currently we just leave the door cracked enough for them to get out and onto the patio. But of course that lets every flying creature into the camper. Our dogs love the party deck but I'm tired of killing flies. Just curious if anyone came up with a creative idea on how to incorporate a doggy door of some type.

NOTE: We would only use this while we are at the site sitting outside. Not for them to freely roam when we aren't around.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MUDKAT View Post
    Has anyone come across how to put a modification on the 3 season Doors to allow a type of doggy door so the dogs can come in and out of the garage area onto the patio deck? Currently we just leave the door cracked enough for them to get out and onto the patio. But of course that lets every flying creature into the camper. Our dogs love the party deck but I'm tired of killing flies. Just curious if anyone came up with a creative idea on how to incorporate a doggy door of some type.

NOTE: We would only use this while we are at the site sitting outside. Not for them to freely roam when we aren't around.
    We have no pets, but my thought would be to do a plexiglass insert for the lower half of one panel, and put a spring weighted plexiglass door into it. Should be pretty easy.
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A friend of mine installed a "magic screen" (the one with the magnets in the middle) on his patio door at his cottage and his lab uses it to go lay in the sun on his deck. I was surprise at how easily and effectively it worked. They come in various sizes. Maybe that would work for you.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of the suggested options are great, the only question is how to train your dog not to be afraid to open the door or slide the magnets open.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billfisher View Post
    All of the suggested options are great, the only question is how to train your dog not to be afraid to open the door or slide the magnets open.
    Easy. Show the dog a treat and put it on the other side. Reverse with him/her coming back in. After 2 or 3 times they’ll figure it out. We’ve had a couple of doggie doors over the years.
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)