User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just don't pull any of your appliances out of the wall unless you have a shop vac with large capacity and a long hose. Same goes for the partition wall in the basement. No one cleans up anything that isn't visible from the main door at these RV mills...
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not just RV’s and nothing new in the construction trade. I was recently doing some remodeling on a house built in 1968. I found old Bush beer cans inside a wall.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamaddog View Post
    Not just RV’s and nothing new in the construction trade. I was recently doing some remodeling on a house built in 1968. I found old Bush beer cans inside a wall.
    You jogged a memory. I was an apprentice in the early 80s working on a school renovation in what was an affluent middle class suburb of Philadelphia, Pa. The building was erected in the 30s, overbuilt and well designed in the period fashion, probably financed as a means to stimulate employment. Opening up a wall we found a stash of beer and milk bottles that I took home and kept, thinking I found some treasure. Both my Father and Grandfather were in the trade and told me that back in the day it was common for a worker to have a bottle of beer or milk with lunch. Water infrastructure was in it's infancy and bottled water didn't become a thing until many years later. It was a way to have something to drink that wouldn't make you sick.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i Saw the same today as I was trying to troubleshoot the dock not working with my new repeater..

does anyone know how the wires are run for the pre-wired TireLinc ? I tried to connected a new repeater but it seems there is no power to the "dock". I unscrewed the dock but can only pull the wire about 10 inches.. I was hoping to atleast have gotten to the in-line fuse, but no luck.. is there an easy way to check this wiring?

my new repeater is operational as i connected it with a 9v battery and got the status light to come up right away.

Thanks,

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamaddog View Post
    Well at least you know they love a quality refreshing beer. Now go find the other 23 they drank. You can’t stop at one Busch beer.
    2021 Imagine 2500RL
    2019 Ram Rebel

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fun of installer leftover trash and shoddy work definitely doesn't stop with RVs. Even home flooring installers have been known to do the same things. I've seen floor registers stuffed with pieces of original leftover flooring material. So bad that people would complain about the heating or cooling of a room.

Even had one friend who was building his own house, tell me that after each day during the build he would go by and check on progress while walking his dog. While in the house his dog would start sniffing in certain closets where he noticed that the subfloor was wet. He decided to come back during the day and caught one of the subs urinating on the floor... I guess they were to lazy to use the site porta-potty that he was paying for.

Same goes with car manufacturing. Heard stories of disgruntled workers putting empty cans inside doors of new cars to cause rattle noises for new owners. Was even told by one guy to let him know when a ordered car was being built so that he could update the build sheet for other options... Not sure if that was even true, but sure makes one wonder though doesn't it?

I guess the old adage of not having something built on Monday or Friday doesn't really matter, it just depends on who's doing the work and whether or not they want to take the time to do it right.

Time is the only real constant, everything else is just the luck of the draw.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123