Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

337RLS and Reese Goose Box

I am acquiring a gently used 2020 337 after 6 mo research, and installing a Reese GB (94716) when I pick it up. Will have B&W gooseball to fit in factory puck set up. Some Q's:
    1) A 2020 337 will have the Lippert 1621 pinbox as stock, correct? I won't need spacer plates, right? Label in pic matches nothing with Lippert's website.
    2) My wingset is below, 8 holes front row, 7 back - doesn't match one of the options in Reese GB instructions. I know there may need to some alteration, but if you have the same wingset, which holes did you use to align with the GB wings standard height holes recommended in the instructions?
    3) Anyone with this combo - how tight of a turn achieved (have SB Ram 2500)?
    Thank you

Carl

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pinbox.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	359.0 KB 
ID:	36279
    Last edited by Teledoc; 08-23-2021 at 03:19 PM.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 2500 HD/Cummins Night Ed
    Missour-uh

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teledoc View Post
    I am acquiring a gently used 2020 337 after 6 mo research, and installing a Reese GB (94716) when I pick it up. Will have B&W gooseball to fit in factory puck set up. Some Q's:
    1) A 2020 337 will have the Lippert 1621 pinbox as stock, correct? I won't need spacer plates, right? Label in pic matches nothing with Lippert's website.
    2) My wingset is below, 8 holes front row, 7 back - doesn't match one of the options in Reese GB instructions. I know there may need to some alteration, but if you have the same wingset, which holes did you use to align with the GB wings standard height holes recommended in the instructions?
    3) Anyone with this combo - how tight of a turn achieved (have SB Ram 2500)?
    Thank you

Carl

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pinbox.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	359.0 KB 
ID:	36279
    Congratulations on the new trailer.

1. Can not confirm yours specifically, our 2021 Reflection had a 1621 pinbox, seems pretty standard from what I have seen on reflection series. No numbers yielded exact pinbox when I researched so I called lippert directly and gave them some of the numbers listed on the tag and they confirmed it was a 1621 pinbox. Always best to double check.
    2. When I did ours, I based it off the attached thread (but we have the same truck and trailer). Below is our final setup with bolting. From what I recall if I shifted goosebox up from final position on wing plates/bolting, I could only get 4 bolts in each side, but opted for 6 bolt each side configuration. Ours is probably a few inches higher in front then back. My truck dimensions are 58.5" top of bed rails, 36.5" top of bed (inside), gets about 8.5in bed rail clearance. Have to compare to your truck dimensions and who knows how far off frame configuration is if any from year to year on these trailers.
    3. Cant help on this one as it is very truck specific, all I can say is be aware of it and I always double/triple check it if I get into a tight situation.

2020 GMC 3500 Denali SRW SB Duramax 4x4
    2021 Reflection 31MB Goosebox 16k

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynn1427 View Post
    Congratulations on the new trailer.

1. Can not confirm yours specifically, our 2021 Reflection had a 1621 pinbox, seems pretty standard from what I have seen on reflection series. No numbers yielded exact pinbox when I researched so I called lippert directly and gave them some of the numbers listed on the tag and they confirmed it was a 1621 pinbox. Always best to double check.
    2. When I did ours, I based it off the attached thread (but we have the same truck and trailer). Below is our final setup with bolting. From what I recall if I shifted goosebox up from final position on wing plates/bolting, I could only get 4 bolts in each side, but opted for 6 bolt each side configuration. Ours is probably a few inches higher in front then back. My truck dimensions are 58.5" top of bed rails, 36.5" top of bed (inside), gets about 8.5in bed rail clearance. Have to compare to your truck dimensions and who knows how far off frame configuration is if any from year to year on these trailers.
    3. Cant help on this one as it is very truck specific, all I can say is be aware of it and I always double/triple check it if I get into a tight situation.

Thank you kindly, most helpful for a starting point.
    Carl
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 2500 HD/Cummins Night Ed
    Missour-uh