Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Bedroom tv

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bedroom tv

We have a 2970rl and I just installed a bedroom tv. There are 2 outputs (sat and cable). I'm connected to the cable side.shouldn't I be pulling in over the air without any other connections? Living room tv is just fine. BTW camper is in its garage so no OTA signals right now.
    2022 2970RL
    2019 F250 6.2 SC

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skipwalton View Post
    We have a 2970rl and I just installed a bedroom tv. There are 2 outputs (sat and cable). I'm connected to the cable side.shouldn't I be pulling in over the air without any other connections? Living room tv is just fine. BTW camper is in its garage so no OTA signals right now.
    Cable should give you OTA. Pull the plates and check your connections on the back. Especially on the inputs in the basement, and the splitters.

When I checked mine there were several that were barely threaded on.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Television Cable Wiring Diagram 29RS

Ending my frustration of not knowing how any of our TV connections were supposed to work I spent 2 days mapping my cables as there is no user documentation available. I also tightened a number of loose connections while I was at it.

I believe the diagram I attached is accurate. What drove me crazy troubleshooting was a bad cable end I found on my antenna cable coming from the roof to the booster. This is of course for a 29RS fiver so not sure it is the same anywhere else.

Also, from what I have found it is possible that there is not a consistency with cable colors...something that mfg would have to answer.
    Hope this helps someone else. If you have any questions let me know...take care.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	antenna_booster_img.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	36376 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tv_cable_diagram.pdf 
Views:	16 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	36377 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bedroom_outlets.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	36378
    Bradley & Glenna
    2016 29rs Reflection
    2016 Ford F250 - B&W Patriot 18k Slider