User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lippert springs on a dexter axle?

I think I already know the answer, but want to ask here just in case. My trailer (2020 imagine 2500RL) came with the 3500 lb dexter axles but with the 3" beam (BTW: this seems to be an uncommon setup, most 3500lb axles have the 2-3/8" beam apparently). I called Dexter and asked if I could run the 2200lb springs and they said I could and gave me a part number. However it's hard to find that part and expensive. I see lippert springs on amazon that appear to have the same specs for almost half the price. I'm thinking these would be fine but want to check thoughts here first. I already have the CRE3000 installed and the heavy duty shackles, so I'm thinking I just need new bronze bushings and u-bolts and should be good to go (do I need new nuts for the shackle bolts too?). Hard as we try we tend to run on the heavy side on this trailer (not overweight, but close to the GVWR) and the springs are pretty flat after just a year and a half).

So the question - how important to stay with the Dexter springs on dexter axles?

TIA,

Bob
    Last edited by rmcrowe; 08-23-2021 at 06:46 PM.
    2020 imagine 2500rl; 2021 F250 Tremor 7.3
    youtube: @bobanddangsjourney

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcrowe View Post
    I think I already know the answer, but want to ask here just in case. My trailer (2020 imagine 2500RL) came with the 3500 lb dexter axles but with the 3" beam (BTW: this seems to be an uncommon setup, most 3500lb axles have the 2-3/8" beam apparently). I called Dexter and asked if I could run the 2200lb springs and they said I could and gave me a part number. However it's hard to find that part and expensive. I see lippert springs on amazon that appear to have the same specs for almost half the price. I'm thinking these would be fine but want to check thoughts here first. I already have the CRE3000 installed and the heavy duty shackles, so I'm thinking I just need new bronze bushings and u-bolts and should be good to go (do I need new nuts for the shackle bolts too?). Hard as we try we tend to run on the heavy side on this trailer (not overweight, but close to the GVWR) and the springs are pretty flat after just a year and a half).

So the question - how important to stay with the Dexter springs on dexter axles?

TIA,

Bob
    No problem with the springs, And having had both brands I am pretty sure most if not all of the rest of the parts can be used interchangably. I haven't done a side by side comparison, but it sure looks to me that is the case..BTW, IIRC didn't Lippert buy Dexter?
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison