User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2020 2800bh rear screen door

Hey everyone. Just wondering if anyone else is having screen door issues where the tabs are loose where they attach to the actual screen door. It’s causing the door to kind of slant door one side not keeping it centred and not being able to catch the outside door. I have re drilled one tab because I couldn’t re tighten the screws because they are stripped. Any input would be great. Thanks

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaunC View Post
    Hey everyone. Just wondering if anyone else is having screen door issues where the tabs are loose where they attach to the actual screen door. It’s causing the door to kind of slant door one side not keeping it centred and not being able to catch the outside door. I have re drilled one tab because I couldn’t re tighten the screws because they are stripped. Any input would be great. Thanks
    Hello,
    You could try the old way of using a wooden match stick and some wood glue to fill the stripped hole. Once the hole has been filled, screw the fastener back in.

I realize the door is not made of wood, but I think the above fix should work.

Take care!
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried repairing the screw holes on mine but it failed right away. I then used slightly larger screws and super glue. You want to be real careful with alignment before you use the super glue as you'll only get one chance to get it right and there may be no fix if you get it wrong. Mines been good for 2 seasons.
    Norb
    Upstate NY
    2020 Imagine 2800BH
    2013 Keystone Bullet 23BHS
    2015 Sportcraft AR-ONE 25BH