Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    My 2118 works great. Better than our home fridge. The only issue we had was the cheap $2 fans failed. Spent 20.00 apiece on quality fans.. Water resistant with a 50,000 hour rating.
    To all the folks that have a Norcold.....several models, including the 2118, that actually work well......be thankful, for I believe that you are the exception rather than the rule. We did not, along with literally thousands and thousands of others.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    To all the folks that have a Norcold.....several models, including the 2118, that actually work well......be thankful, for I believe that you are the exception rather than the rule. We did not, along with literally thousands and thousands of others.
    I am skeptical on your numbers. In todays computer world a few unhappy people can and do make a lot of noise. It doesn't matter what the percieved problem is. Just watch the daily news for the latest example. Meanwhile the majoirity being happy with their experiences remain mostly silent.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am skeptical on your numbers. In todays computer world a few unhappy people can and do make a lot of noise. It doesn't matter what the percieved problem is. Just watch the daily news for the latest example. Meanwhile the majoirity being happy with their experiences remain mostly silent.
    Well, in addition to this forum, I'm also on about 7 or 8 different facebook G.D. pages and the number of Norcold Refrigerator problems that come up on a daily basis is just unbelievable.....I'm not making it up....I see it every single day.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, to be fair, part of the problem could be running the fridge off level. Quite a few people are unaware that is necessary until they have a fridge start messing up. Something like consistently towing nose high, or nose low, could be a part of the problem. And making sure the trailer is level when parked. Some will stop overnight without leveling and that could cause issues.

However, in general, I agree that gas absorption fridges could work better.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Well, in addition to this forum, I'm also on about 7 or 8 different facebook G.D. pages and the number of Norcold Refrigerator problems that come up on a daily basis is just unbelievable.....I'm not making it up....I see it every single day.
    I never doubted that you are having problems, just the numbers.
    Your stating how many groups you are a part just proves what I said. One unhappy person (you) posting in multiple forums makes the problem seem bigger than it really is.
    The silent majority, not having problems, has no reason to go on any board and say so.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never doubted that you are having problems, just the numbers.
    Your stating how many groups you are a part just proves what I said. One unhappy person (you) posting in multiple forums makes the problem seem bigger than it really is.
    The silent majority, not having problems, has no reason to go on any board and say so.
    Your theory is a bit flawed.....there are a bunch of FB groups that have Grand Design as the common denominator, but there are "model" specific pages too. So if for instance, someone posts their Norcold issues on a Reflection page, you are probably not going to see it on a Momentum page, or an Imagine page, or on a Solitude page. Yes, there is a bit of overlap, but like I said, the numbers are Waaaay more than there should be if the product was actually a good product. And just the simple fact that 10 people may have a Norcold and 3 or 4 of them have ongoing issues with it, should tell you that there is a huge problem with the product, or QC on them is totally in the tank. Like I said earlier, if you've got one that works well, be thankful.....cause a LOT of them don't.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelD View Post
    My frig stopped working. Gas / electric unit heated gas at lower end; but there was no heat at top where fan is located. Verified by HVAC tech. Technician thought gas had leaked. Traveled 1500 miles home, now it works???? Service people here think there was a “plug” that jarred loose. Anyone ever hear of this? Seems hooky. How can I trust to take an extended trip?

My dealer told me same thing.... nonsense.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123