Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Water Tank Bad Oder 2022RB

I have a new 2022, 2600RB. I have owned 5 other trailers and I know how to dump, clean a black water tank. For some reason this is a stinky set up on my trailer. I am referring to boondocking (not Oder eminating from a hook up).
    We have doubled the amount emzyne treatment, but its still pretty rotten with very low levels of black water (I don't trust any of the my gauges BTW).
    My previous trailer, a cheap Hideout had a vent pipe off black water tank and my others might have also. None of them had this issue and we haven't had a recent change in diet.
    Any thoughts on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Humorous replies are OK also.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Galico1952; 08-24-2021 at 03:35 PM.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where is the smell strongest? If in the bathroom, it may not be the black tank but rather the AAV (air admittance valve) on the sink drain. Gray tanks can smell as bad as black tanks and the AAVs are notorious for being installed poorly or coming loose. I had one that was about to fall off and, when tightened, the bad smells went away.

BTW - welcome to the forum! You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob. I had a quick look and I don't see a AAV valve, The sink is vented inside off a PeeTrap. The stink is definetly eminating from the toilet.
    Thanks for the signiture advice. I did one ��.
    2022 Imagine 2600RB
    I have owned 5 Bumper Pull
    Trailers and a Tent Trailer in the last 40 years.
    We love Boondocking
    Tow vehicle 2014 F150 EcoBoost.
    Theater Seats.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Galico1952 View Post
    I have a new 2022, 2600RB. I have owned 5 other trailers and I know how to dump, clean a black water tank. For some reason this is a stinky set up on my trailer. I am referring to boondocking (not Oder eminating from a hook up).
    We have doubled the amount emzyne treatment, but its still pretty rotten with very low levels of black water (I don't trust any of the my gauges BTW).
    My previous trailer, a cheap Hideout had a vent pipe off black water tank and my others might have also. None of them had this issue and we haven't had a recent change in diet.
    Any thoughts on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Humorous replies are OK also.
    Thanks
    Your black tank should also have a black tank vent. There are other threads on this forum dealing with the same issue. Here is a link to one. https://
    Per our community policy, please do not mention the other forum. If you would like to understand why, please read this discussion: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/showthread.php/23897-Announcement-about-our-name-change?p=237174&viewfull=1#post237174
    .com/forum/operati...46-sewage-vent

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob. I had a quick look and I don't see a AAV valve, The sink is vented inside off a PeeTrap. The stink is definetly eminating from the toilet.
    Where is your vent pipe in relation to your bathroom ceiling vent? I have a 2020 337 and they put the sewer vent pipe about a foot behind the bathroom ceiling vent and if the ceiling vent is open and the wind is from the right direction sewer fumes go straight into the bathroom.
    Last edited by Always Learning; 08-25-2021 at 10:33 AM.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the reply. I climbed up and it is vented. It is vented within inches of ceiling vent. It might certainly be a contributing factor.
    Steve
    2022 Imagine 2600RB
    We love Boondocking
    Theater Seats.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I climbed up and there are vents. They are low so I couldn't see them from the ground. I will read the threads you listed.
    Thanks for the input. Much appreciated.
    Steve
    2022 Imagine 2600RB
    We love Boondocking
    Theater Seats.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure exhaust fan is off before flushing, the fan can pull gas from the toilet into the bathroom. Even the fan in the ceiling of the kitchen will pull bad odors from the rear bath in our current MH.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a year and a half, I had a bit of an odor problem. No lingering issue, but I got a huge nasty whiff when flushing since it's straight-piped to the tank. I made a couple of changes:

1. Filling extra water via the flush (2 minutes or so after tank is empty) and having that slosh around the tank
    2. 2x Camco drop-ins (though I was using them before)
    3. Replaced the vent cap with a Camco Cyclone Rotating Sewer Plumbing Vent - seems to do a much better job of pulling the odors out via negative pressure

I haven't had a chance to field-test (due to California being on fire), but at home these changes seem to have made a difference.
    2020 Imagine 2400BH
    2021 Ram 2500 Laramie - 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel

BattleBorn LiFePO4 - Renogy/Victron Solar - SumoSprings - SeeLevel II

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your sink is vented inside off a p trap and you don't see an AAV them that is your problem. If it is vented INSIDE there should be an AAV.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast