Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent feedback. The Camco arrived today.
    Steve

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dumped with lots of rinsing, filling with fresh water and dumping until it ran pretty clear the other day,. I put in about 30 gallons of fresh water and drove home 70 miles. Fortunately I have a free dump less than a minute from my home. When pulled the valve lots of chunky brown water emptied out.
    One more flush out and things looked good. I will follow the given hints. One thing that occurred is that for the very first time, including the maiden voyage, my black water tank sensor indicates EMPTY.
    It could be that there was a plug. One design flaw is the location of the drain pipe. Usually the sewer /fresh water flush out pipes are positioned near the tires. This accommodates taking advantage of the sloped dump stations. My trailer has the flush out at the rear so the trailer is fairly level when I dump. In the future I will drive up on blocks.
    Thanks for all the good input
    Steve

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Water Tank Bad Oder 2022RB

I think it also has a lot to do with the slope of the drain pipes. I have to take extra care on my Reflection 315rlts because it seems to not have sufficient slope on the valve pipes. It never “flows” like my previous rig did, and it trickles forever. It will run for a minute, then trickle. As long as I let it drain for a long enough time all good. Make sure you just let it drain. I will
    let it sit for at least 5 to 7 minutes and that seems to do the trick. I always flush it twice with fresh when dumping. Always reads empty when done.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have experienced the same as you described when dumping and I agree that the slope of the plumbing is inadequate. The gray tanks dribble forever. As I said I will be driving up on blocks in the future to dump and when the warranty runs out there may be some modifications in store.
    Thanks for looking and your time to respond.

Steve

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123