Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delaminating

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delaminating

Hi there everyone. I own a 2017 imagine 2800bh. I was camping this week and packing up I noticed the light reflect off the fiberglass wall to show signs of delaminating . I am meticulous at checking the lap sealant on the roof every couple months and the unit is stored indoors from November to May every year so I’m not sure why this has happened. So does anyone with any knowledge about delaminating know if it may be a defect? Or is it simply a water issue? Is there any fix to this other that tearing the wall off and putting a new one on? Is there something I can do to stop it in tracks before it gets worse?Thanks for any help that anyone can provide.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 69E370D8-692C-43C1-90FB-0EAEDC74997E.jpg   F855A272-70CB-4FAB-881A-3BB5FFCE4A1B.jpg   9364C6AE-F68D-45DA-A96D-A6EDAAD54E72.jpg  

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If memory serves me, GD has/had a fairly long structural warranty...5yrs? maybe. Give 'em a call, can't hurt.
    Course my memory isn't what it use to be...DW says if it wasn't for flashbacks I'd have no memory.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Redwing13 - there have been a few of us who had delamination issues. Structural things like this are addressed in your Owners Manual warranty section which is stated as 3 years for most if not all GDRVs for original owners. Subsequent owners are not covered under this 3 year warranty but are so under the 1 year transferable warranty.

I suggest calling GDRV Customer Service and have a conversation about this. They may be able to help in some way asking for pictures of course, and certainly covering pertinent areas of ownership, maintenance, etc.

Keep us posted.

@Gronk1 - Paul you were pretty close.....as Maxwell Smart would say...."missed it by this much !"

Dan
    Last edited by Canyonlight; 08-24-2021 at 02:42 PM.
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any updates on this? I have a small(hand size) spot that has delaminated on my 2950 kitchen slide.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hankrebel View Post
    Any updates on this? I have a small(hand size) spot that has delaminated on my 2950 kitchen slide.
    No unfortunately I have not had any resolution to the delaminating . I was hoping someone from Grand Design would step up on this forum to get me in the right direction for the right fix to this. But that hasn’t happened. If you have better luck , I would much appreciate any info on how it can be fixed. My TT has been plagued with issues from slide out motors failing three times, to electrical issues from the assembly process. Then minor things like trim popping off to motion lights needing replacement as well as the front cap string light failure. I may have just gotten a bad one. Although I believe GD knows the schwintek system was a bad choice for my size slide. That why I believe they changed it to an under mount system after my model year. Anyway, please let me know if you come up with info on a legitimate fix that GD might recommend. Thanks

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwing13 View Post
    No unfortunately I have not had any resolution to the delaminating . I was hoping someone from Grand Design would step up on this forum to get me in the right direction for the right fix to this. But that hasn’t happened....... Thanks
    Grand Design does not actively participate on this forum any more (for past few(?) years). You should contact Grand Design customer service directly for help/questions.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the input. I was not aware they are not active on this forum like in the past. Reading my response I see I was not clear. I have contacted GD and have not gotten a resolution. Out of warranty I guess isn’t a priority. That is why I took to this forum. I was hoping with all the amount of knowledgeable people here , somebody has come across a proper fix to delaminating problems without sending their unit back and having an entire wall replaced. Thanks again for your response back

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwing13 View Post
    Thanks for the input. I was not aware they are not active on this forum like in the past. Reading my response I see I was not clear. I have contacted GD and have not gotten a resolution. Out of warranty I guess isn’t a priority. That is why I took to this forum. I was hoping with all the amount of knowledgeable people here , somebody has come across a proper fix to delaminating problems without sending their unit back and having an entire wall replaced. Thanks again for your response back
    There have been some discussions on the forums here about delamination. Have you tried searching for "delamination" (search box near the upper right corner of every page)? I know some people have had and fixed delamination, but do not recall an step-by-step how-to article.

Good luck

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    Grand Design does not actively participate on this forum any more (for past few(?) years). You should contact Grand Design customer service directly for help/questions.

Chris
    they don't want to know. If I was the owner, I would have some review the site daily. "Blind-eye", "Deaf-ear". There were so many issues with my 2021 22mle they (GD) sent a trucking company to pick the RV up at my house. LEMON!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I experienced a leak in my RV. GD replaced numerous things including the bed platform. I told GD my greatest fear is delamination, it will happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast