User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

slide out reprogramming

Hi. I think I need to reprogram one of the slide outs on my 2021 31MB. Occasionally, the slide out with the sofa will only move a couple of inches, then it quits. If I wait a bit and try it again, it works. I am wondering if anyone knows where the control unit is for this slide? I have looked in the obvious (to me, anyway) places, and would like to avoid taking apart more of the trailer than is necessary to find it. Thanks.
    2021 GD 31MB; 2022 F350 Rapid Red, Lariat Ultimate Package, CCSB, 4x4, 6.7 Powerstroke, B&W 20K Patriot slider

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the slide that is giving you trouble a hydraulic slide?
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a Schwintek. No abnormal track wear, and it runs even side to side. Works fine, other than the occasional stopping.
    2021 GD 31MB; 2022 F350 Rapid Red, Lariat Ultimate Package, CCSB, 4x4, 6.7 Powerstroke, B&W 20K Patriot slider

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe1967 View Post
    It is a Schwintek. No abnormal track wear, and it runs even side to side. Works fine, other than the occasional stopping.
    Sorry, I probably can't help you with the location of the controller, as I don't have that model of camper. I have a Schwintek system for the bedroom slide on my Momentum Toy Hauler, and it's been perfect (knock on wood) so far. Hopefully, someone will post up some tips about troubleshooting it or offer some suggestions as to what may be going on, Other than the normal "check for loose wiring" at both motors and the harness back to the control box. And of course you would need to know where the control box is at.....sorry.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of info here on this forum that will get you some Schwintek info.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. I think I need to reprogram one of the slide outs on my 2021 31MB. Occasionally, the slide out with the sofa will only move a couple of inches, then it quits. If I wait a bit and try it again, it works. I am wondering if anyone knows where the control unit is for this slide? I have looked in the obvious (to me, anyway) places, and would like to avoid taking apart more of the trailer than is necessary to find it. Thanks.
    I also have a 31MB and we had the same issue but with the kitchen slide. The back motor would just stop and the other would continue to run for a second and then stop. If we ran it back out and tried again sometimes it would do it again or it would come in or go out normally. It got worse and worse and I called the dealer and they told me about the fault codes that could be read when they act up.

If you open up your front pass through storage and take out the 3 screws on the left just passed the receptacle you will find your 3 slide controllers just inside this door.

When your slide stops and acts funny look at the slide controller that is flashing a code. It more than likely will be an 8. It will flash 8 red and then a green. If so that is the code for a possibly shorted motor or failing motor.

I pulled the motor that was stopping first and got the part number off of it and ordered on on Amazon. Took me 10 minutes to replace it. I found it had a lot of oil on it and I feel like that was causing the resistance of the motor windings to read a little low causing the controller to try and protect itself.

Works good as new now.

FYI you also can hit the button on controller 6 times when this happens if you need to get the slide in to get on the road. It bypasses the safeties so this should only be done in an emergency. We had to do this to get our slide out so I could replace the motor.

Let me know if you need anymore help.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! Good to know. I dropped mine off at the dealer yesterday, as we bought the extended service warranty. Hopefully I will get it back in a week or two. Glad I have the warranty. The shop labor rate is $149 per hour. These places are making money!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! Good to know. I dropped mine off at the dealer yesterday, as we bought the extended service warranty. Hopefully I will get it back in a week or two. Glad I have the warranty. The shop labor rate is $149 per hour. These places are making money!
    The motor cost me $170 and it was here the next day so for me it wasn't worth the hassle to have to take it to the dealer and leave it and get it fixed under warranty. I have a 2021 myself and it's still under warranty. Got a 4 day weekend planned and couldn't wait. Hope they get it back to you soon! Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk