User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine XLS Slide Topper Install: Wall backing drawing (hatched vs. solid)

Hello,

has anyone installed a slide topper (Lippert Solera, but should apply to all manufacturers/models) on an Imagine XLS? Planning to do this on my 23bhe. I contacted Grand Design about whether there are backings in the slideout and the wall above, and they sent over a detailled draeing of the side, great. I'm just a bit confused that the drawing shows hatched/shaded support parts as well as solid white ones. I'm wondering if those indicate different material (e.g. hatched = wood, solid = aluminum)? Waiting for feedback from GD, but maybe somebody already found out in the past...

Thanks
    Matt
    2020 Imagine XLS 23bhe with a cold bedroom
    2018 F150 STX 5.0

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course, shortly after I posted here, GR responded to my email. If anyone ever wonders, the solid areas in the drawings are aluminum studs filled with wood.

Now let's wait for the slide topper being delivered tomorrow and have the courage to drill/screw into the walls...
    2020 Imagine XLS 23bhe with a cold bedroom
    2018 F150 STX 5.0

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matt, I just received the print for my 2600rb and had the same question so thanks for the fast reply to your own question. Just picked our trailer up last month and am nervous about installing the slide topper too. I called GD and the first person I talked with said I can't do it because there's no backers. Called back 10 minutes later and got a guy who wouldn't say I could but sent the drawings so I could determine for myself. It looks as though I have at least a 3" piece of wood at the top to hold the slide brackets. All of the videos show the brackets right up against the T molding on the outside so I guess come spring I'll give it a whirl. Did you have any problems with the install on yours ?
    2022 2600 RB , Road Armor + wet bolt and heavy shackle kit
    2021 Ram 1500 Premier, 5.7 E Torque , 3.91 rear end, trailering kit

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you guys share this diagrahm?
    I may find this useful in the near future, others may be able to use that info now.

Thanks
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

print copy

Quote Originally Posted by RoJoSo View Post
    Can you guys share this diagrahm?
    I may find this useful in the near future, others may be able to use that info now.

Thanks
    The print may not work for your slides ?? This was for my exact trailer as they look it up by VIN #. You might want to call customer service to get a print for yours. The first person who I spoke with sent a top view print of my trailer layout ....... totally useless ! Seems as though you can get very helpful people or not very helpful folks depending on who answers the phone up there. The second person said that he wasn't supposed to send this type of print out as its proprietary. That's a joke since anybody can take a factory tour and see exactly what's on this print. PM me with your email if you want a copy.

Edited by moderator to remove OP's direct email address. We do get spammers on this site from time to time so it is best not to give out a lot of one's semi-personal info (fyi..... we patrol constantly for spammers and the forum has some automated checkers too that try to keep them off - we check that "bucket often too...)
    Last edited by traveldawg; 12-02-2021 at 11:20 AM. Reason: removed personal email address
    2022 2600 RB , Road Armor + wet bolt and heavy shackle kit
    2021 Ram 1500 Premier, 5.7 E Torque , 3.91 rear end, trailering kit

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=bigjake392;405233]The print may not work for your slides ?? This was for my exact trailer as they look it up by VIN #. You might want to call customer service to get a print for yours. The first person who I spoke with sent a top view print of my trailer layout ....... totally useless ! Seems as though you can get very helpful people or not very helpful folks depending on who answers the phone up there. The second person said that he wasn't supposed to send this type of print out as its proprietary. That's a joke since anybody can take a factory tour and see exactly what's on this print. PM me with your email address if you want a copy of the drawing.

I will have to reach out to GD when I'm ready to mount the sliders. Thank you.
    Last edited by traveldawg; 12-02-2021 at 11:21 AM. Reason: removed personal email address
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank