Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Minnesota to General Sherman Tree in Sequoia Kings Canyon NP

In about a month we'll be leaving MN and heading to the General Sherman giant Sequoia tree in California. Our route will travel south out of MN on I35 until we intersect I80 in Iowa where we'll head west on I80. We'll travel west to the Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve in Colorado near Alamosa. Next we'll head west to drive through Monument Valley in Utah and head south to the Grand Canyon in AZ. The route is flexible. Please advise us on places to camp along the way, RV parks, campgrounds etc. and things to see and do. After visiting the giant tree we'll head for the wine country north of San Francisco. All of your recommendations will be carefully considered. Thank you.
    test

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look into Boondockers Welcome. Property owners offer up a free spot for your RV. Some offer electric and water for a nominal fee. Works great for a 1 - 3 night stay along your way.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    MN_Rider

2019 354M Momentum
    2013 F350 CCSB 6.7

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You probably know this already but California has closed all national forests as of a few days ago. I think the plan is through 9/17 but could be extended. Sequoia (and Kings Canyon) is a national park but it sits right in the middle of a bunch of national forests. I suspect they may also close. Good luck, it's a beautiful area - we were just there in May.
    2020 imagine 2500rl; 2021 F250 Tremor 7.3
    youtube: @bobanddangsjourney