User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have been doing the same thing so maybe we'll get lucky and it will last a while.
    Thanks for the response.e
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From day 1 we have covered the furniture, all that seemed to do was extend the life by a year or 2. Once the peel begins it doesn't take long to look like crap.
    The new furniture has a different name, it's not Thomas Payne.. forgot what she called it tho.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plenty of information on the web about bonded leather. It is junk. In my case the failure seemed to happen almost over night. Went from looking perfect to horrible VERY quickly. Our plan is to replace; we haven't decided on a replacement yet. Short term, we are covering it.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand Design should be ashamed for pushing off that crap furniture on their customers.

It doesn't matter what you do. Your paper thin leather will eventually dry out and delaminate. The furniture is metal framed, and it's virtually impossible to reupholster. My bunkhouse J Bed has never been used, and it's delaminating. It has wood frame, and I can reupholster it.

We replaced our huge SuperSofa with a swivel rocking chair and a $1,050 RecPro love seat with a full size hide a bed. I'm not too thrilled with the way the couch sits, but at least it fit through the door. It does have a good mattress on it, however.

Now that FlexSteel quit making RV furniture, the available furniture in the market is petty slim.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a bottle of 303 Space Protectant that I used to treat the awnings. Since I had it and some microfibre towels in hand I wiped down the couch / recliners and booth seating. I've seen the 303 do wonders for truck tonneau covers, rubber window trim and door seals so I'll see if it helps with the seating too.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The love seat in our 2017 337RLS was perfect until about 3 months ago. Then once it started to peal it went while in a month.

We recently replaced it with a Recpro cloth powered. loveseat.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4993085D-2FA8-4D28-9048-81EB11DF82BF.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	36361Click image for larger version. 

Name:	47BA206B-55F7-4C36-96D1-BDBA21651B3C.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	36362
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, here is what I've learned so far. The new 2021/22 trailers have the new furniture line so it can be seen in any new Solitude , not sure what other trailer lines it wiill be in yet.

It is still Thomas Payne but it is called the Heritage series. It is NOT bonded leather . It is a European leather with a polymer coating. It is a little thinner than American leather and is durable due to it being polymer coated. The Polyhyde is also easier to clean - simply mild soap and water. BUT in another spot it says it is a vynil...I think it is a heavy vynil.
    While staging the units for the rally I got to take a peek at them. The material is durable. I was a bad girl and took my fingernail and did a deep hard scratch across the arm of the chair..did not leave a mark at all.

This could be a game changer in Lippert furniture and has actually got my attention. (never ever thought I would seriously consider another piece of Lippert furniture) Another plus is it is sort of like a modular unit so you can make your own configuration within the frame work when getting it as replacement furniture. Mix and match recliners, fold down tables or get the sleeper coouch etc within the space you have. Which for us is great because we don't want a sleeper couch (guests can sleep on a comfy raised air mattress

Forgot to add it comes with a 5 year warranty

Last edited by WhittleBurner; 09-04-2021 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Updated info on upholstery
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wasn’t just Grand Design, my Cedar Creek furniture peeled too, once the recliner’s started to peel the sofa followed along. I installed a bigger window in the rear and brought a recliner from Haverty’s and a cloth loveseat

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They tout the Thomas Paine as great furniture. But if you look at it the stuff is made with particle board on softwoods and the Leather they say is so good is a very thin sheet of leather glued to a loose weave fabric. Kind just like nagahyde but with a thin sheet of leather in stead of vynyl.
    DO I have it? Yes and in 3 years it has started the delamination and cracking. What an I going to do? More than likely refinish it with another material.

Problem is they have only so much money for furniture, plus it has to be light. So they get what is offered so they can make money.
    2019 375 RES Linen
    KI6KER General
    Home Base Phoenix

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t think there is anything we as owners can do. It’s inexpensive material and it’s inevitably gonna happen. I have had mine covered with aftermarket covers purchased from Amazon and that didn’t even slow the peeling process

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast