User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone looked into having them reupholstered? I'm curious what that would run?
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivecodys View Post
    Has anyone looked into having them reupholstered? I'm curious what that would run?
    We purchased our 2015 Reflection 317RST in 2019. One of the recliners had an arm that was peeling. While I would have just covered it up, my wife was adamant that we needed to get them reupholstered and as usual, she was right. We took them to a local shop and had the two chairs and the middle cupholder reupholstered with the material used for booths in restaurants. Sorry I don't know the correct term for the material. It's been very comfortable and extremely durable. It cost us about $800, but has definitely been worth it. I know that's almost the same price as purchasing new furniture, but we were concerned the peeling would still be an issue with new chairs after a couple years.
    Last edited by carpertravels; 09-02-2021 at 12:23 AM.
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivecodys View Post
    Hi all,
    I have read numerous posts about the peeling furniture in our rigs.
    My fiver is only 1 year old and I was wondering if anyone has determined the cause?
    Is there a preemptive treatment that can be applied to extend the lifetime of this material?

It is really disheartening to read about all of these issues considering what we paid for our rigs.
    Maintenance issues I'm OK with as I have always done most of my own repairs, but, this issue has me concerned.
    Any comments or feedback is appreciated.

Safe Travels,
    We made covers for our chairs and sofa when we bought it. My wife is a great seamstress. She used a dark brown micro fiber that nearly matches the chairs. They are easily removed and washed too. We had seen how they wear in ads for used trailers. We have no wear at all on our chairs or sofa.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sooooo, after looking around town at furniture we decided to give Lipperts polyhide a shot. All the discount one runs were not that well discounted at the stores and Aat the rally Lippert was offering a peeling discount of 50% off if they approved it after coming in and looking at our furnitre. The Discount offered and 5 yr warranty made it worth the risk. Not bad for a often used 2014 model year and if we sell or trade or upgrade we haven't dumped over a grand on a new couch.
    So I guess we are the guinnea pigs for their 2 new lines of Thomas Payne
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Sooooo, after looking around town at furniture we decided to give Lipperts polyhide a shot. All the discount one runs were not that well discounted at the stores and Aat the rally Lippert was offering a peeling discount of 50% off if they approved it after coming in and looking at our furnitre. The Discount offered and 5 yr warranty made it worth the risk. Not bad for a often used 2014 model year and if we sell or trade or upgrade we haven't dumped over a grand on a new couch.
    So I guess we are the guinnea pigs for their 2 new lines of Thomas Payne
    Thank you so much for this information. Would you happen to have contact information for anyone interested in placing an order? For those of us not able to attend a rally, I'd love to be able to send in pictures and get a discount.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Contact (call) Lippert customer service is what they have told people that came to the service desk this morning as we were checking on ours so we could plan the few hours we have free.. It was too late for delivery to the rally as it ends tonight. For ours if it's isn't on the next truck they are going to ship it
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Contact (call) Lippert customer service is what they have told people that came to the service desk this morning as we were checking on ours so we could plan the few hours we have free.. It was too late for delivery to the rally as it ends tonight. For ours if it's isn't on the next truck they are going to ship it
    One more question if i may. Did you see the PolyHyde vinyl product or the woven-fabric product (or both). Given my current situation, I am leaning hard toward the woven product. Right now, I need the two theater seats and it will run me right about $1100, with no discounts. I sent the company an email pleading my case for a discount to help make my situation right. Will see how Lippert responds.
    Last edited by Keebler; 09-03-2021 at 12:14 PM.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210903_201608.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	36464Attachment 36456 This is the fabric and the only color it comes in . I thought with 3 dogs it is to light and the weave is not real tight but not real loose either. No pic of the vynil but they have that on their website. The theater seats are about 1,700 each msrp, you order the pieces seperately for each section.
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 09-04-2021 at 07:42 AM. Reason: rotate and fix image
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attachment 36456 This is the fabric and the only color it comes in . I thought with 3 dogs it is to light and the weave is not real tight. No pic of the vynil but they have that on their website. The theater seats are about 1,700 each msrp, you order the pieces seperately for each section.
    The attachment didn't work for me.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inserted image, hope it helps. If we had no dogs I may have gotten a fabric. They are quite a bit firmer than our '14 furniture. Hoping they they ship ours soon. We removed the sofa while here and near a dumpster. That 1700 would be for the 3 piece seating. If I recall correctly the right and left with arms were around 750 each with the balance going to the center console.

Last edited by WhittleBurner; 09-04-2021 at 07:45 AM.
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast