User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkles View Post
    In other words you really need to fill it to get a good flush?
    I close the valve and measure 25-30 gallons then dump
    I sometimes repeat this 3 times
    Even on the third one there will still be TP flowing out

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #1 As I flushed with fresh water, the black tank knife valve was open as I watched it run clear. When "empty" it was not completely empty upon inspection looking down in.

How level was I? It appeared "slightly" out may 3-4 degrees or so. But certainly if there were a center low point drain, the amount of level I was out should not seem to be an issue. I hope I'm wrong.
    I should find a level dump before I get to crazy.

I have 1 slide out. I assume both side of the slide are the same. Sorry for any confusion.
    I suppose the only way to ask is to be bold - do you use lots of water when flushing? Is it possible that, when "looking down" there you're seeing the dreaded dried poop pyramid?

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    I suppose the only way to ask is to be bold - do you use lots of water when flushing? Is it possible that, when "looking down" there you're seeing the dreaded dried poop pyramid?
    Yeah, I wondered that, which was why I asked if the OP was keeping the valve closed, and therefore water in the tank, and only opening the valve when it's
    time to dump the black tank.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In other words you really need to fill it to get a good flush?
    Yes,
    Water is your friend on a black tank flush. I connect the flush, run for a few minutes, then open the valve. Let it empty, then close the valve and fill about 1/2 way and then dump again. repeat until I am running clear. YMMV

What has not been mentioned is black tank treatment. We use the geo method and it has worked well for us.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before I knew you could buy one I made my own toilet wand. I have a clear elbow for the outlet and I get a lot more "stuff" out using the wand even after using the on-board flush. I can actually get the sensor to read "Empty" using the wand.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put a bag of ice in mine occasionally between campsites. This helps break up anything stuck to the bottom of the tank. I also let my tank fill at least half way and then top it off with water to get some good head pressure. So far, so good.
    Jeff & Sherry
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2019 F150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4,
    HDPP, Max Tow, 6.5, ProPride

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a problem with one of my slides as well. One side would come in all the way and not the other. I had checked the floor and walls where the slide would come in and there was nothing that appeared to be blocking it. After multiple attempts at resetting the slide, I finally decided to open the slide out halfway. I then checked under the bed/head board, and there it was. My long lost mini alarm clock. Problem solved. Hope you find the cause of your issue.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Several things we have found that help with the black tank.
    1-Use plenty of water, if you have it with each flush
    2-Add water, if you have it, at the end of your trip before you head to the dump station. This will allow the water to slosh around in the tank on the way to the dump station. This sloshing around helps to break things up and loosen them from the walls of the tank.
    3-Use the tank sprayer to fill more water at the dump station with the valve closed. Again as has been mentions creating a bit of head to help things flow out.
    4-Don't always dump at the nearest dump station in the campground. Let that extra water you added slosh around while on the road to your next campground. I wouldn't do this if you will be boondocking.
    5-Our city has a free dump station so we can dump at the campground the majority of the stuff, add sloshing water for the trip home and then dump the cleaning stuff at the city station. With a clear elbow you will be able to see the difference.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2020 2500RL and I have noticed that I need to be pretty level or even leaning a bit towards the driver side to get the tanks to flush well. I always dump then close the valve; flush for 3-4 minutes (filling the thank); dump again and repeat until it runs clear.
    2020 imagine 2500rl; 2021 F250 Tremor 7.3
    youtube: @bobanddangsjourney

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I have the same problem with my black tank on my 21BHE. After draining, as in nothing else coming out of the drain hose, I can look down my toilet and still have about 1/2" (measured with a stick) of fluid in the bottom of the tank. My local service department says that is normal, but I'm skeptical. Reached out to GD about it, but they have not responded.
    CT79B

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast