User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TwilightTime View Post
    I have a 2020 2500RL Imagine and the slide is out of sync. I have tried re-syncing/timing, back and forth 8 or so inches in and out both in and extended. This does not seem to solve anything. The bath room side still has to catch up about 3 inches after the theater seat side completes upon retract. Now, sometimes the bathroom side stops after after starting to retract after about 5 inches in, to get it going again I extend all the way then try again. Is there another reset? Thoughts?

With the black tank, when you attach the input water to flush the black tank from the side plug, does it just fill or does it spray as if to "clean the walls of the tank?

On another note, I noticed the black tank not completely emptying. Granted I was not on completely level ground so I am assuming this might have been the cause. Anyone know if the tank has a low center point drain or if its flat and needs a truly level surface when draining?

Many thanks for any help.
    Regarding your black tank our 2020 solitude 37FLR the bathroom in the back black drain pipe actually runs uphill about 2 1/2 inches. So we can never really drain our black tank in the rear.. We've have it into the shop to get it looked into and they say there is nothing they can do the plumbing simply runs uphill before it gets to the knife valve.
    As far as the slide goes on our front living room we had one of the schwin tec slides go out on us. It would partially open but then cock sideways. It Took a little figuring out before we found out that the swing Tech motor had actually broken off and bent inside the frame along the track.. And this is a 2020.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine 2450 also very hard to drain tanks - takes forever

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightTime View Post
    #1 As I flushed with fresh water, the black tank knife valve was open as I watched it run clear. When "empty" it was not completely empty upon inspection looking down in.

How level was I? It appeared "slightly" out may 3-4 degrees or so. But certainly if there were a center low point drain, the amount of level I was out should not seem to be an issue. I hope I'm wrong.
    I should find a level dump before I get to crazy.

I have 1 slide out. I assume both side of the slide are the same. Sorry for any confusion.

The tanks are shallow so really need to be at least 2/3 full to get a good flush when emptying tanks.
    Last edited by eeshelman; 09-02-2021 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Typo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffnCheri View Post
    Yes,
    Water is your friend on a black tank flush. I connect the flush, run for a few minutes, then open the valve. Let it empty, then close the valve and fill about 1/2 way and then dump again. repeat until I am running clear. YMMV

What has not been mentioned is black tank treatment. We use the geo method and it has worked well for us.
    I go through a similar routine with the water flush.
    We use the blue stuff between every other campsite when on the road. That seems to work for us. But, I do like the ice cube procedure. We'll try that next this out.
    2019 303 RLS Reflection 5er (nickname - Coyote)
    2019 F250 Lariat FX4 CC SRW 160" WB, (nickname - Silverback) 6.7L diesel, 3.55 gears, 10K GVWR, 20" wheels, Tow Package, B&W Champion Slider
    Dennis, Judy, and Shelby (Lab-Rhodesian Ridgeback)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Regarding your black tank our 2020 solitude 37FLR the bathroom in the back black drain pipe actually runs uphill about 2 1/2 inches. So we can never really drain our black tank in the rear.. We've have it into the shop to get it looked into and they say there is nothing they can do the plumbing simply runs uphill before it gets to the knife valve.
    As far as the slide goes on our front living room we had one of the schwin tec slides go out on us. It would partially open but then cock sideways. It Took a little figuring out before we found out that the swing Tech motor had actually broken off and bent inside the frame along the track.. And this is a 2020.
    About your shwintec slide: I had an issue with my bedroom/ bath slide once. It got out of sync and wouldn't work correctly. I took it to a dealer who said I needed two new motors and three weeks to get them. He was WRONG, and we were on the road for 6 months. I ended up taking one of the motors loose from its drive gear, the manually aligned the slide box with a tape measure to get it even as best I could. Then reset the motor into its gear drive position . BTW, only one set screw for the motor. Then I cleared the code on the control box and unplugged power for 30 seconds, the plugged the power feed back on. The slide works fine now. That was almost a year ago. Another important step is to never stop moving the slide when running in or out, and keep depressing the switch for 4 or 5 seconds After it stops. That helps keep it in sync. Goggle the process for slide motor removal. There are some good YouTube videos out there.
    Alan and Paula
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS, 2004 Dodge 3500 5.9L
    Magnum 2k watt inverter-charger, 300 AH Battle Born battery bank, 560 watt solar power. 6K axles and disc brakes. Pepwave max transit cellular router.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two more tips on the black tank problem - especially if you have the dreaded "dried-poop pyramid".

1. Use water softener, always.

2. Dump some Rid-X into the tank, along with a few gallons of water.

It will eat the pyramid, eventually.

How long it takes depends on the size of the pyramid and how long you can let the Rid-X work.

More time, lots of water and hot weather work best.

Good luck!

2023 Reflection 315RLTS
    2017 Ford F-350 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 6.7L Diesel
    Hensley Swift Arrow

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Original Post:

"I have a 2020 2500RL Imagine and the slide is out of sync. I have tried re-syncing/timing, back and forth 8 or so inches in and out both in and extended. This does not seem to solve anything. The bath room side still has to catch up about 3 inches after the theater seat side completes upon retract. Now, sometimes the bathroom side stops after after starting to retract after about 5 inches in, to get it going again I extend all the way then try again. Is there another reset? Thoughts?"

Curious if you found the problem with your slide out. We had a problem with ours almost immediately after taking delivery. We couldn't get it retract. Took it to dealer who reset something and said all was good. About 8 months later while underway it failed again. We were able to get it retracted and after moving to the new camp site it wouldn't retract. We found a GD in Washington who worked us in and found a failed communication cable. He had one in stock, replace and got the trailer back the same day. There are error codes on the controller that may help diagnose the problem. The controller was located in the bathroom sink cabinet.

Not sure if this will help. Good luck if you haven't got the slide out corrected.

Neal
    Last edited by quiglenj; 09-02-2021 at 12:12 PM.
    2020 Imagine 2500RL
    ProPride P3
    2021 F250 6.7L PSD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deerislandbrew View Post
    About your shwintec slide: I had an issue with my bedroom/ bath slide once. It got out of sync and wouldn't work correctly. I took it to a dealer who said I needed two new motors and three weeks to get them. He was WRONG, and we were on the road for 6 months. I ended up taking one of the motors loose from its drive gear, the manually aligned the slide box with a tape measure to get it even as best I could. Then reset the motor into its gear drive position . BTW, only one set screw for the motor. Then I cleared the code on the control box and unplugged power for 30 seconds, the plugged the power feed back on. The slide works fine now. That was almost a year ago. Another important step is to never stop moving the slide when running in or out, and keep depressing the switch for 4 or 5 seconds After it stops. That helps keep it in sync. Goggle the process for slide motor removal. There are some good YouTube videos out there.
    I wish ours worked out like that. Ours twisted so far it broke the bracket, I think it's called a nub, off. Our rig is still in the shop going on 7 months now. Our rubber roof was also peeling off and all the dealer did, and said it's all GD would authorize, was put 3 rows of tape across the roof from side to side and down the side of the trailer about 6 inches. It's a beige roof and beige sides and they used white tape ������������. And they think that's a repair that will last for the remainder, 24 years, of the roof warranty.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I wish ours worked out like that. Ours twisted so far it broke the bracket, I think it's called a nub, off. Our rig is still in the shop going on 7 months now. Our rubber roof was also peeling off and all the dealer did, and said it's all GD would authorize, was put 3 rows of tape across the roof from side to side and down the side of the trailer about 6 inches. It's a beige roof and beige sides and they used white tape ������������. And they think that's a repair that will last for the remainder, 24 years, of the roof warranty.
    That your RV is in the shop 7 months is ridiculous. I know everyone is busy in the shops these days but I hope you have looked for another place to do repairs if possible. Good luck!
    Alan and Paula
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS, 2004 Dodge 3500 5.9L
    Magnum 2k watt inverter-charger, 300 AH Battle Born battery bank, 560 watt solar power. 6K axles and disc brakes. Pepwave max transit cellular router.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123